Within our Financial Services department we pride ourselves on being the best at what we do and more importantly we put the customer at the heart of everything we do. Within N Brown, we recognise that it’s the people that make the difference to our organisation. So, are you ready for a new challenge? We are on the lookout for a Senior Risk Analyst to join us working within our Existing Customers Lending Team
About the role:
As our Senior Risk Analyst, you will be based within the Lending Team as part of our Financial Services function, you will be responsible for the development and implementation of the credit risk strategy to drive long-term, sustainable profit for Financial Services by balancing commercial risk and minimising potential customer detriment.
As our Senior Risk Analyst, you will also be responsible for:
- Identifying new opportunities through the application of analytical techniques that deliver commercial benefits and improve customer outcomes for the group
- Identification of the commercial impact of all strategy opportunities with presentation back to the leadership team.
- The implementation of strategy changes together with UAT within our Powercurve platform.
- The design and build of the credit risk monitoring performance pack with written evaluation of performance together with any further actions/analysis identified from this.
- Undertaking complex ad-hoc analysis to support the credit risk team in decision making across the credit lifecycle.
- Designing and implementing KPI’s to track all strategy changes, this will include tracking of benefits against an agreed forecasted position.
- Undertaking analysis to independently validate model benefits working closely with the Senior Risk Modelling Analyst
- Taking on the role of Credit Risk Business Lead for tactical initiatives
- Developing key stakeholder relationships across the business to include IT, Marketing, Legal, Compliance.
What we need from you as our Senior Risk Analyst:
- Previous experience within a Credit Risk Analyst role within a Financial Services function
- Strong analytical skills with proven ability to use SAS and SQL to a high standard
- Previous experience within existing customer credit risk management is desirable but not essential
- Must be an advanced user of MS office, specifically Excel and Word
- Experience of working with the Powercurve platform, or similar, is an advantage but not essential
- Excellent stakeholder management with great communication skills
- Excellent time management skills with the ability to prioritise effectively
- A high attention to detail
- Degree level educated to 2:2 or above, ideally in a numerate discipline + Maths GCSE grade C or above but this is not essential
The fun facts:
Not only are we offering a salary of circa £45,000, as well as access to a fantastic bonus scheme, you will also be entitled to loads of other great benefits such as discount across all our brands, healthcare, an impressive pension scheme, 24 days holiday plus bank holidays (as well as a holiday purchase scheme), on site massages and health checks plus much, much more.
So, this is the job for you, what do you need to do next?
If this sounds like you and if you would like to join N Brown which offers excellent career progression, then we would love to hear from you! We are looking for people to interview now and join us ASAP!
Not heard of us? Here’s our story:
Did you know that as a retail business we've been trading from Manchester's Norther Quarter since its start over 150 years ago? Since then, not only has the portfolio of N Brown group brands grown (I’m sure you’ve heard of JD Williams, Simply Be and Jacamo?) but we been providing the UK and the rest of the world with an amazing selection of clothing and a whole load of products across our brands.
Employees in our business may have access to our customers’ personal data therefore for a number of our roles, offers of employment are subject to a satisfactory criminal record check; having a criminal record will not necessarily prevent an individual from obtaining a position with N Brown.