Here at N Brown, we champion inclusivity by making our customers look and feel amazing. We don’t believe that age, size, shape or background should stop anyone from feeling confident, stylish and happy with the way they look and feel. With our industry leading expertise in creating fashion that fits, we’ve been proudly breaking down these barriers for over 150 years. We help our customers to express themselves with stylish products, helpful services and flexible finance. Now, we’re moving forward together, embracing innovation and new technology, to continue to delight our customers.
Working here you’ll explore everything the world of digital retail has to offer — asking questions, trying new things and chasing new opportunities. Combine this curiosity with the freedom to make your own decisions, take charge of projects and work flexibly, and you’ve got the perfect place to show your skills and learn new ones. It’s fast and furious here at times, but this just means something new and exciting is always on the way. So, if you collaborate, think on your feet, embrace innovation and love rising to a challenge, your work with us will have a serious impact on the business, your career and our customers’ lives. We are proud to be N Brown.
The Junior Buyer will work closely with our Senior Buyer on our Leisure and Seasonal department to plan, source and select a commercial and exciting product ranges for our customers. With a great knowledge of multi-channel trading, the Junior Buyer will understand the needs of our customer, and develop several key ranges. You’ll observe company budgets and margin requirements, whilst consistently meeting and exceeding the expectations of our customers.
Our business is fast-paced and no two days are the same. A genuine passion for Homeware, along with determination and relentless enthusiasm will allow the successful Junior Buyer to truly excel and succeed within this role. Please note that this is a maternity cover.
What you’ll be responsible for as a Junior Buyer on Leisure and Seasonal:
- Taking ownership for sourcing, developing and selecting a commercial range from strategy to selling.
- Full range-planning process, development phases, sign-off and trading.
- Deputising for the Buyer/Senior Buyer where needed.
- Assisting the Senior Buyer in additional product selection/development meeting with suppliers.
- Preparing and analysing sales information for planning, trade and selection meetings.
- Maintaining relationships with new and existing suppliers.
- Mentoring and training junior members of the team.
- Working closely with Merchandising, Quality Assurance, Design & Product Coordination teams to manage set up and administration of all products and promotions.
- Accountability for development of product (with Design /QA ) – travelling to Europe and the Far East to source and negotiate prices.
- Competitor and market insight and analysis
- Managing an Assistant Buyer
What you will need to succeed as a Junior Buyer:
- Previous experience working at Junior Buyer or very experienced Assistant Buyer level.
- Experience developing product and managing your own range.
- Passion for fashion and buying and experience of multi-product and multi - channel retailing would be highly advantageous.
- Experience with Social Media
- Strong commercial skills and an eye for colour and product.
- Strong numerical skills and good attention to detail.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Enthusiasm and determination. This role is fast-paced and the Junior Buyer must be able to demonstrate initiative and the desire to succeed.
- Ability to lead and mentoring junior members of the team.
In return for your hard-work and commitment, you’ll receive fantastic training as well exciting development opportunities and a competitive salary and benefits package.
Our people are energetic, enthusiastic and proud to work for a company that is committed to making the customer look and feel amazing. If you are able to demonstrate these qualities and the have the desired experience, why not apply today and be part of our fashion future.
Employees in our business may have access to our customers’ personal data therefore for a number of our roles, offers of employment are subject to a satisfactory criminal record check.
Having a criminal record will not necessarily prevent an individual from obtaining a position with JD Williams