Here at N Brown, we champion inclusivity by making our customers look and feel amazing. We don’t believe that age, size, shape or background should stop anyone from feeling confident, stylish and happy with the way they look and feel. With our industry leading expertise in creating fashion that fits, we’ve been proudly breaking down these barriers for over 150 years. We help our customers to express themselves with stylish products, helpful services and flexible finance. Now, we’re moving forward together, embracing innovation and new technology, to continue to delight our customers. You will be part of a team who have a strong strategy to grow beauty and are passionate about offering real beauty for the real woman in an inspiring way.
Working here you’ll explore everything the world of digital retail has to offer — asking questions, trying new things and chasing new opportunities. Combine this curiosity with the freedom to make your own decisions, take charge of projects and work flexibly, and you’ve got the perfect place to show your skills and learn new ones. It’s fast and furious here at times, but this just means something new and exciting is always on the way. So, if you collaborate, think on your feet, embrace innovation and love rising to a challenge, your work with us will have a serious impact on the business, your career and our customers’ lives. We are proud to be N Brown.
Assistant Buyer- (Beauty)
As an Assistant Buyer on Beauty you’ll work closely with the Senior Buyer and Assistant Buyer to provide support for the team. You should be comfortable with administration, be highly organised and able to analyse and interpret sales data. Our business is fast-paced and no two days are the same. A genuine passion for product along with determination and relentless enthusiasm will allow the successful candidate to truly excel and develop within this role.
What you’ll be responsible for as an Assistant Buyer on Beauty:
- Working closely with the UK's leading beauty brands. Assisting the Senior Buyer in cultivating and maintaining relationships of existing and new beauty brands
- Liaising with the grey market brands regularly to review performance and drive actions accordingly
- Assisting the Buyer in sourcing, developing and selecting multiple product ranges.
- Contribute to planning, trade and sales meetings with the ability to analyse information.
- Taking ownership of the critical path and providing updates against schedules.
- Assisting the Senior Buyer in supplier meetings.
- Maintaining excellent relationships with new and existing suppliers.
- Creating and updating all product information and attributes.
- Accurately inputting all new product information and maintaining the product file.
- Preparing product and studio information. Collating samples and ensuring that they are photographed and accurately labelled in accordance with schedule
- Working closely with Merchandising, Quality Assurance, Design & Product Coordination teams to manage set up and administration of all products and promotions
- Competitor and general market insight data collection to be presented to the Senior Buyer
What you will need to succeed as an Assistant Buyer on Beauty:
- Work experience as either a Buying Admin Assistant or Buying Assistant
- Beauty background and a passion for beauty is ideal but not essential
- A good knowledge of competitor retailers and overall insight into the retail market is essential
- You’ll need to be numerate and analytical as a key part of this role involves administration, analysis and interpretation of sales data.
- Excellent communication skills to collate and present findings and recommendations as well as building effective relationships with colleagues and external suppliers.
- The role promises career development in time – so you will have to have ambition and tenacity to take this opportunity and make it your reality
- Experienced Microsoft office user, especially Excel
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Ability to develop strong supplier relationships with previous experience in using negotiation skills.
- Be proactive and use initiative to solve problems rather than always wait for the Buyer.
- Be numbers focused, positive and enthusiastic
In return for your hard-work and commitment, you’ll receive fantastic training and a competitive benefits package.
Employees in our business may have access to our customers’ personal data therefore for a number of our roles, offers of employment are subject to a satisfactory criminal record check.
Having a criminal record will not necessarily prevent an individual from obtaining a position with JD Williams