Here at N Brown, we champion inclusivity by making our customers look and feel amazing. We don’t believe that age, size, shape or background should stop anyone from feeling confident, stylish and happy with the way they look and feel. With our industry leading expertise in creating fashion that fits, we’ve been proudly breaking down these barriers for over 150 years. We help our customers to express themselves with stylish products, helpful services and flexible finance. Now, we’re moving forward together, embracing innovation and new technology, to continue to delight our customers.
Working here you’ll explore everything the world of digital retail has to offer — asking questions, trying new things and chasing new opportunities. Combine this curiosity with the freedom to make your own decisions, take charge of projects and work flexibly, and you’ve got the perfect place to show your skills and learn new ones. It’s fast and furious here at times, but this just means something new and exciting is always on the way. So, if you collaborate, think on your feet, embrace innovation and love rising to a challenge, your work with us will have a serious impact on the business, your career and our customers’ lives. We are proud to be N Brown.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Senior Merchandiser on our Menswear department. The Senior Merchandiser will work closely with the Head of Merchandising to deliver product strategy and maximise commercial opportunities for their department.
What you’ll be responsible for as a Senior Merchandiser:
- Work with Head of Merchandising to develop & drive long term strategy for department.
- Lead with the buying team to build a commercial range across multiple departments.
- Work with buying to implement and deliver clear long term strategic plan/vision.
- Lead team to maximise in season trading opportunities to ensure optimum profitability.
- Using the WSSI, monitor and adjust our forward trading plans and commitment to ensure optimum stock levels are met and OTB (Open to Buy) maximised.
- Understand, adapt and own the critical path.
- Deputise for the Head of Merchandising.
- Working cross functionally with different departments.
- To support and develop your merchandising team.
- All other duties required by the line manager that are appropriate with the post.
What you will need to succeed as a Senior Merchandiser:
- Experience planning and trading your own department, including forecasting, strategy planning and OTB management responsibilities.
- Advanced Excel skills (Vlookup, Pivot Table, IF), and high level proficiency with other Microsoft Office programs.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to work cross-functionally.
- Strong commercial awareness and the ability to react appropriately to in-season trading.
- Enthusiasm and determination.
- Management and leadership experience.
In return for your hard-work and commitment, you’ll receive fantastic training as well exciting development opportunities and a competitive salary and benefits package.
Employees in our business may have access to our customers’ personal data therefore for a number of our roles, offers of employment are subject to a satisfactory criminal record check. Having a criminal record will not necessarily prevent an individual from obtaining a position with N Brown Group.