Within our Financial Services department we pride ourselves on being the best at what we do and more importantly we put the customer at the heart of everything we do. Within N Brown, we recognise that it’s the people that make the difference to our organisation. So, are you ready for a new challenge? We are on the lookout for a Head of First Line Risk to join us in this newly created role within our successful Financial Services department.
Things you should know:
As our Head of First Line Risk, you will provide reasonable assurance that the Financial Services business has a robust control framework in place, maintains the overall Financial Services risk profile within board approved risk appetite and complies with all the requirements of the organisation’s risk management framework.
Leading a team of risk practitioners, will be a pivotal member of the FS Leadership Team, providing advice and guidance to the CEO Financial Services on appropriate risk matters and provides oversight and challenge as a member of the Leadership Team where decisions or actions are considered that could materially impact the FS risk profile.
As our First Line Risk & Control Manager you will also be responsible for:
- Leading the provision of risk and control subject matter expertise, providing support, direction and counsel to the CEO of Financial Services and FS Executive on risk and control matters
- Driving and developing risk ownership and accountability across the FS Leadership Team.
- Leading the embedding of the Risk Management Framework and its associated risk policies and procedures, into the first line FS functions
- Leading the oversight of, and challenge to, functions in JD Williams or functions performing regulated activities within the wider Group, to ensure that they are operating within risk appetite.
- Oversight of management risk reporting to ensure the adequate reporting and escalation of material risks and issues through the formal governance framework. Ensure that FS management have identified, assessed, and are monitoring their material risks regularly, and that appropriate action plans are in place where required to ensure risks are fully mitigated.
- Advising and challenging proactively the FS Leadership Team on any emerging external and internal risk related issues to ensure that the appropriate actions are taken to manage these.
- Leading the execution of a key control testing assurance programme through regular monitoring and oversight to determine the effectiveness of business controls’ design and performance
- Proactively advocate risk and governance across the FS business and engagement amongst colleagues and other business functions.
- Overall governance reporting within FS leading the production of regular risk monitoring MI such as KRIs, KCIs, and control dashboards to ensure stakeholders and senior management have sufficient visibility and awareness of performance against risk appetite limits and tolerances.
- Providing strategic leadership as a senior member of Financial Services, setting direction for the team and driving excellence.
The fun facts:
Not only are we offering a competitive salary and access to a fantastic bonus scheme, you will also be entitled to loads of other great benefits such as discount across all our brands, healthcare, an impressive pension scheme, 24 days holiday plus bank holidays (as well as a holiday purchase scheme), on site massages and health checks plus much, much more.
Things we need from you:
- Experience of working in a Senior first line or second line risk management role in Financial Services
- Proven broad experience of risk management frameworks, risk governance and risk and control self-assessment.
- Practical first line experience working in an FCA regulated business with a consumer lending element to that business.
- Broad understanding of the regulatory environment and in particular the FCA customer and conduct expectations.
- Demonstrable experience acting as a trusted advisor to senior and executive management, with the ability and confidence to constructively challenge and influence stakeholders at all levels and across multiple business functions.
- Proven ability to clearly articulate a risk vision to the key stakeholders using language relevant to their function obtaining their buy-in and support.
- Recognised as able to adopt a balanced approach to risk and reward always demonstrating adherence to compliance and responsible business practices.
- Resilient and determined to continuously improve the effectiveness and efficiency of risk management and controls.
- Excellent facilitation, communication and influencing skills and proven ability to build, lead and develop high performing teams.
- Experience of process improvement and governance approaches.
- Good technical skills, able to interpret and use data, analytics & MI for decision making and reporting upwards and outwards.
Not heard of us? Here’s our story:
Did you know that N Brown has been trading from Manchester's Norther Quarter since its start over 150 years ago? Since then, not only has the portfolio of N Brown group brands grown (I’m sure you’ve heard of JD Williams, Simply Be and Jacamo?) but we been providing the UK and the rest of the world with an amazing selection of clothing and a whole load of products across our brands.
So, this is the job for you, what do you need to do next?
If this sounds like you and if you would like to join N Brown which offers excellent career progression, then we would love to hear from you! We are looking for people to interview now and join us ASAP!
Employees in our business may have access to our customers’ personal data therefore for a number of our roles, offers of employment are subject to a satisfactory criminal record check; having a criminal record will not necessarily prevent an individual from obtaining a position with N Brown.