Within our Financial Services department we pride ourselves on being the best at what we do and more importantly we put the customer at the heart of everything we do. Within N Brown, we recognise that it’s the people that make the difference to our organisation. So, are you ready for a new challenge? We are on the lookout for a Data Analyst/ MI Analyst to join our Financial Services department here at N Brown.
Things you should know:
We have an exciting opportunity for a Data Analyst/ MI Analyst to join our MI Team based within our Financial Services function where you will be at the forefront of providing operational insights and valuable analysis to support our data driven business, developing reporting solutions to enhance data visualisation and enhance decision making.
This is a great opportunity for a data driven SQL experienced individual with a passion for coding and data visualisation.
As our Data Analyst/ MI Analyst, you will also be responsible for:
- Development and monitoring of key performance indicators.
- Producing actionable data insights and self-serve reporting solutions utilising multiple data sources.
- Identifying reporting opportunities by implementing deeper analysis solutions to understand the key data influencers.
- Support ad-hoc data analysis requests, translating stakeholder data requirements and managing report delivery expectations.
- Contributing to the continuous development and maintenance of the reporting suites and performance dashboards, proactively driving improvements to data efficiency and the overall end user reporting experience.
- Building relationships throughout the wider data community to enhance business knowledge scope.
- Ensuring data ownership and adherence to the company’s data governance policies, ensuring the scope of the reports produced is compliant with GDPR.
- Highlight performance trends to the business and support any actions required to further understand the root cause.
- Ensuring the delivery of scheduled reporting activities are distributed on time and accurately.
- Driving initiatives to improve data automation using data analytics.
Things we need from you:
- We’re looking for a data driven individual combined with a strong technical background and experience within data analytics.
- Proven experience of using SQL within a commercial setting is essential
- Strong commercial awareness, and experience of working within a financial services environment, you will have the ability to work collaboratively, and independently delivering data analysis projects.
- You will also have the curiosity to peruse opportunities to improve business decision making by utilising data.
- The successful candidate will have a strong knowledge of data warehouse structures, highly skilled in the use of SQL, preferably Teradata.
- It is essential the individual is an advanced user of Microsoft Excel, and proficient user of other Microsoft Office products.
- Experience of developing dashboards and visualisations in Business Intelligence tools such as Microsoft Power BI or QlikView is desirable, but not essential.
- With our data driven strategy in mind, it would be advantageous to have a working knowledge of programming languages such as Python or R.
- A flexible approach and exceptional workload time management skills are essential; you will need to be comfortable communicating data requirements at all levels and manage a varied workload whilst maintaining a high level of accuracy.
Not only are we offering a competitive salary of up to £30,000, and access to a fantastic bonus scheme, you will also be entitled to loads of other great benefits such as discount across all our brands, healthcare, an impressive pension scheme, 24 days holiday plus bank holidays (as well as a holiday purchase scheme), on site massages and health checks plus much, much more.
So, this is the job for you, what do you need to do next?
If this sounds like you and if you would like to join N Brown which offers excellent career progression, then we would love to hear from you! We are looking for people to interview now and join us ASAP!
Not heard of us? Here’s our story:
Did you know that N Brown has been trading from Manchester's Norther Quarter since its start over 150 years ago? Since then, not only has the portfolio of N Brown group brands grown (I’m sure you’ve heard of JD Williams, Simply Be and Jacamo?) but we been providing the UK and the rest of the world with an amazing selection of clothing and a whole load of products across our brands.
Employees in our business may have access to our customers’ personal data therefore for a number of our roles, offers of employment are subject to a satisfactory criminal record check; having a criminal record will not necessarily prevent an individual from obtaining a position with N Brown.