Within our N Brown we pride ourselves on being the best at what we do and more importantly we put the customer at the heart of everything we do, and we recognise that it’s the people that make the difference to our organisation. Are you an experienced procurement professional who has delivered in various categories including logistics? Do you enjoy a challenge and champion new ways of working? If so you could be our new Category Lead here at N Brown!
Reporting directly into the Head of Procurement, this role supports the business in creation of robust, forward looking category plans, using a full range of supply and demand levers. Your role is to identify opportunities that deliver tangible value to our business and customers.
As our Category Lead, you will also be responsible for:
- Working with stakeholders to consider a variety of commercial models, providing constructive challenge to drive the most appropriate business outcome.
- Closely managing your category, sharing insights with the business and driving reviews; taking action where opportunities and risks appear.
- Collaborating with the Commercial Management team to ensure contract KPI’s & SLA’s are relevant and capable of effective measurement; ensuring that tangible benefits can be tracked into the P&L.
- Leading the creation of category pipeline of initiatives to achieve or exceed savings targets.
- Leading negotiations with suppliers and partners to realise cost efficiency opportunities.
- Working with agility when priorities change; aligning with team members to deliver consistency in ways of working.
- Supporting and guiding Procurement Coordinator activity to enhance the team knowledge and experience; creating a foundation for succession planning.
Things we need from you:
- Previous experience within a similar role
- Degree or CIPS preferred
- Indirect Procurement experience across multiple categories
- Technical skills to deliver in role including use of e-Procurement systems and P2P.
- Demonstrate superior relationship building within the business, with supplier and partners and the wider category markets.
- Experience of the design and implementation of sourcing strategies.
- An accomplished negotiator and influencer at all levels up to and including suppliers and partners Board Directors.
- A strong communicator, adapting style and approach appropriate to the audience.
- Be highly commercial with the ability to think beyond a typical category remit to maximise organisational opportunities.
- Numerate with strong commercial acumen to evaluate opportunities.
- Role model agile ways of working through proactivity, innovated thinking and being action orientated to maintain the team vision of being specialists who enable the business to move at pace and secure the most advantageous commercial deals.
Not only are we offering a competitive salary of up to £60,000, and access to a fantastic bonus scheme, you will also be entitled to loads of other great benefits such as discount across all our brands, healthcare, an impressive pension scheme, 24 days holiday plus bank holidays (as well as a holiday purchase scheme), on site massages and health checks plus much, much more.
So, this is the job for you, what do you need to do next?
Our Procurement vision and mission is to be outward looking, gaining and sharing, knowledge and perspective of how we find, partner and manage our suppliers. We’ll elevate your thinking and work collaboratively to buy what the business needs at the best possible value. If you can bring us strong commercial awareness combined with amazing influencing skills, we can offer you the chance to make a big impact within a business that is aiming to be leading ecommerce retailer.
If this sounds like you and if you would like to join N Brown which offers excellent career progression, then we would love to hear from you! We are looking for people to interview now and join us ASAP!
Not heard of us? Here’s our story:
Did you know that as a retail business we have been trading from Manchester's Norther Quarter since its start over 150 years ago? Since then, not only has the portfolio of N Brown group brands grown (I’m sure you’ve heard of JD Williams, Simply Be and Jacamo?) but we been providing the UK and the rest of the world with an amazing selection of clothing and a whole load of products across our brands.
Employees in our business may have access to our customers’ personal data therefore for a number of our roles, offers of employment are subject to a satisfactory criminal record check; having a criminal record will not necessarily prevent an individual from obtaining a position with N Brown