Within N Brown we pride ourselves on being the best at what we do and more importantly we recognise that it’s the people that make the difference to our organisation. So, are you ready for a new challenge? We are on the lookout for a Head of FP&A (Financial Services).
As our Head of FP&A (Financial Services), you will manage the Commercial part of Finance, notably to build out in more detail the current Forecast and plan. You will help define a strategy in conjunction with the FS business, central Finance and Retail business stakeholders. As our Head of FP&A you will challenge and bring governance to the planning cycles and the links to our liquidity model, demand and retail model for review and support the business case evaluation processes within Financial Services around new projects from a challenge and review perspective.
As our Head of FP&A, you will also be responsible for:
- Experience of design, evaluation and testing of a forecasting model.
- Experience within a credit lending business within Financial service and how various attributes of retail demand, debtor book, pricing, and customer behaviour will drive a dynamic evaluation tool
- Clear experience of creating value driven KPI’s within a regulated and Credit business, to allow improved reporting and decision making
- Understanding of commercial aspects of new product development for a credit business
- Excellent stakeholder management skills, being able to clearly communicate business drivers and the variables therein.
- Profitability of product sets, risk weighted returns and other commercial drivers.
- Ability to build a strategic 3-year plan model that is dynamic, has governance and is supported within and across the business.
- Ability to work across P & L, and Balance Sheet from a strategic business perspective noting impacts
- Impairment, IFRS 9 and other credit drivers
Not only are we offering a competitive salary and access to a fantastic bonus scheme, you will also be entitled to loads of other great benefits such as discount across all our brands, healthcare, an impressive pension scheme, 24 days holiday plus bank holidays (as well as a holiday purchase scheme), on site massages and health checks plus much, much more.
Things we need from you:
- Technically astute with an appreciation of applicable financial reporting standards is critical
- Experience of working within a similar role within Financial Services
- Being close to the detail, data driven and analytical whilst also being able to articulate results clearly to non-finance individuals
- Strong operational delivery track record, motivated to implement/deliver on time to quality standards and build new efficient processes
- Demonstrated ability to quickly appraise complex situations, identify key issues and make tough, timely decisions
- Highly energetic and driven to succeed
- Excellent interpersonal relationships and ability to manage complex stakeholder relationship.
- Ability to influence and negotiate at all levels of the organisation and experienced in communicating commercial language with a variety of media
- Naturally inquisitive with a desire to understand a broad range of commercial issues
- A strong team player
- Advanced Excel user
So, this is the job for you, what do you need to do next?
If this sounds like you and if you would like to join N Brown which offers excellent career progression, then we would love to hear from you! We are looking for people to interview now and join us ASAP!
Not heard of us? Here’s our story:
Did you know that N Brown has been trading from Manchester's Norther Quarter since its start over 150 years ago? Since then, not only has the portfolio of N Brown group brands grown (I’m sure you’ve heard of JD Williams, Simply Be and Jacamo?) but we been providing the UK and the rest of the world with an amazing selection of clothing and a whole load of products across our brands.
Employees in our business may have access to our customers’ personal data therefore for a number of our roles, offers of employment are subject to a satisfactory criminal record check; having a criminal record will not necessarily prevent an individual from obtaining a position with N Brown.
JD Williams and Company Ltd (a subsidiary of N Brown Group) is an FCA regulated firm. As such the company is subject to the Senior Managers & Certification Regime (SM&CR) which aims to strengthen individual accountability across the firm when making customer related decisions.