The role of Head of FS Finance is to support the Finance Director in the management of the Financial Services, Divisional Balance sheet and P&L and Structured Funding.
As Head of FS Finance, you will be responsible:
- To support the management of a £600m + loan book, specifically around forecasting key performance metrics, initiatives, regulation and the ongoing governance of IFRS9 impairment provisioning
- To develop and own a new reporting suite to provide insight and foresight to the Financial Services CEO and leadership team.
- To work closely with Group Finance on the reporting of actual and forecasted positions up to PLC Board.
- To work closely with Retail to support group wide value creation.
- Support funding strategies and Liquidity risk management.
Things we need from you:
We’re looking for an experienced candidate from a numerical, accountancy, statistical or analytical background, the successful candidate will be fully qualified (CIMA/ACCA) and be:
- Strong experience of financial control, month end reviews and audit support.
- Strong experience of design, governance, evaluation and testing of a forecasting models, and gaining full stakeholder engagement.
- Strong experience in managing and developing teams and building key stakeholder relationships, being able to clearly communicate business drivers and the variables therein to Board level.
- Experience within a credit lending business within Financial service and how various attributes of revolving credit demand, debtor book, pricing, and customer behaviour will drive performance.
- Experience of creating value driven KPI’s within a regulated Credit business, to allow improved reporting and decision making.
- Experience of Impairment, IFRS 9 and other credit and risk-based drivers.
- Technically astute and an appreciation of applicable financial reporting standards is critical.
- Experience of working in the Financial Services sector is essential.
- Being close to the detail, data driven and analytical whilst also being able to articulate results clearly to non-finance individuals.
- Strong operational delivery track record, motivated to implement/deliver on time to quality standards and build new efficient processes.
- Demonstrated ability to quickly appraise complex situations, identify key issues and make tough, timely decisions.
- Excellent interpersonal relationships and ability to manage complex stakeholder relationship.
- Ability to influence and negotiate at all levels of the organisation and experienced in communicating commercial language with a variety of media.
- Naturally inquisitive with a desire to understand a broad range of commercial issues.
Not only are we offering a competitive salary and access to a fantastic bonus scheme (subject to qualifying criteria), you will also be entitled to loads of other great benefits such as discount across all our brands, healthcare, an impressive pension scheme, 24-days holiday plus bank holidays (as well as a holiday purchase scheme), on site massages and health checks plus much, much more.
So, this is the job for you, what do you need to do next?
If this sounds like you and if you would like to join N Brown which offers excellent career progression, then we would love to hear from you! We are looking for people to interview now and join us ASAP!
Not heard of us? Here’s our story:
Did you know that N Brown has been trading from Manchester's Norther Quarter since its start over 150 years ago? Since then, not only has the portfolio of N Brown group brands grown (I’m sure you’ve heard of JD Williams, Simply Be and Jacamo?) but we been providing the UK and the rest of the world with an amazing selection of clothing and a whole load of products across our brands.
Employees in our business may have access to our customers’ personal data therefore for a number of our roles, offers of employment are subject to a satisfactory criminal record check; having a criminal record will not necessarily prevent an individual from obtaining a position with N Brown.
JD Williams and Company Ltd (a subsidiary of N Brown Group) is an FCA regulated firm. As such the company is subject to the Senior Managers & Certification Regime (SM&CR) which aims to strengthen individual accountability across the firm when making customer related decisions.