Here at N Brown, we champion inclusivity by making our customers look and feel amazing. We don’t believe that age, size, shape or background should stop anyone from feeling confident, stylish and happy with the way they look and feel. With our industry leading expertise in creating fashion that fits, we’ve been proudly breaking down these barriers for over 150 years. We help our customers to express themselves with stylish products, helpful services and flexible finance. Now, we’re moving forward together, embracing innovation and new technology, to continue to delight our customers.
We are looking for two placement students to join our Fashion Print Design team for a 12-month period from August 2020.
This is a truly fantastic opportunity where you will be offered the chance to work within our experienced design team. You will be given a role with responsibilities that will add to the success of the business and you will become an integral part of the team whilst building your work experience in a commercial fashion head office environment. You’ll also develop crucial industry relationships along the way which may help your employment prospects after you’ve graduated from university!
Fashion Print Design Placement – 12 months
At N Brown, the Design role involves creating exciting, commercial, fashion-relevant collections which our customers will love. Our Design team is collectively responsible for the design & development of women’s, men’s and homeware collections. This involves analysing, identifying and interpreting the latest catwalk and lifestyle trends, creating seasonal colour palettes, through to designing and developing the clothing ranges.
Our Designers work closely with the Buying and QA teams to ensure all new designs work at both departmental level and as a coordinated collection. Through this you will learn how each department integrates and works in partnership to gain the desired outcome.
What you’ll be responsible for:
- Supporting the Design team by delivering key trends, colour and print direction by providing coordination and administration of design materials, imagery, samples and tracking of activity.
- Helping to ensure that the right level of newness is achieved to create exciting ranges and identifying new and developing trends.
- Working with the Design team to recolour and re-work existing print designs.
- Working with the Design team to help move on bestselling prints.
- Keeping the print library organised and upto-date.
- Supporting the Design team in creating new designs in line with competitors and future trends.
- Preparation, analysis and presentation of research on specific products; providing competitor assessments and shopping reports.
- Creation of and system management of design information.
- Attending and contributing to the regular departmental creative meetings and providing updates on work activities.
Working here you’ll explore everything the world of digital retail has to offer — asking questions, trying new things and chasing new opportunities. Combine this curiosity with the freedom to make your own decisions, take charge of projects and work flexibly, and you’ve got the perfect place to show your skills and learn new ones. It’s fast and furious here at times, but this just means something new and exciting is always on the way. So, if you collaborate, think on your feet, embrace innovation and love rising to a challenge, your work with us will have a serious impact on the business, your career and our customers’ lives. We are proud to be N Brown.
What you’ll need to succeed:
We’re looking for aspiring Print Designers on a related degree course with excellent womenswear or menswear knowledge. Ideally, you’ll also have some knowledge of design systems, CAD, Photoshop and Illustrator and an interest in print and pattern. Some knowledge of repeats and printing techniques would be an advantage.
You’ll be innovative, flexible, creative and forward thinking with excellent time management and an organised and planned approach to your work. Strong verbal and written communication skills are essential, along with the ability to build effective and professional relationships with your Design colleagues as well as the wider Product team.
How to apply and important dates to remember:
- Applications will be open from Friday 13th December 2019 and will close on Friday 7th February 2020.
- If your application is successful, then you will be invited to an interview. Interviews will be running from mid-February to end of February and you will be notified of the outcome beginning of March.
How to apply:
If you meet the criteria above and you’re working towards a career in Fashion Print Design then we want to hear from you!
To apply please follow the online application process and submit your current CV. You should also email a maximum of 5 examples from your portfolio to Ciara.firstname.lastname@example.org with your name in the subject line of the email.
Employees in our business may have access to our customers’ personal data therefore for a number of our roles, offers of employment are subject to a satisfactory criminal record check. Having a criminal record will not necessarily prevent an individual from obtaining a position with N Brown Group.