Here at N Brown, we champion inclusivity by making our customers look and feel amazing. We don’t believe that age, size, shape or background should stop anyone from feeling confident, stylish and happy with the way they look and feel. With our industry leading expertise in creating fashion that fits, we’ve been proudly breaking down these barriers for over 150 years. We help our customers to express themselves with stylish products, helpful services and flexible finance. Now, we’re moving forward together, embracing innovation and new technology, to continue to delight our customers.
We are looking a placement student to join our Merchandising Operations team for a 12-month period from Summer 2020.
This is a rare and exciting opportunity where you will be given a role with important responsibilities and have the chance to become an integral part of our team whilst building your work experience in a commercial retail head office environment.
Merchandise Operations Placements – 12 months
At N Brown Group, merchandising means having the right stock, in the right place at the right time. Our team is responsible for providing insightful information to our Buying and Merchandise colleagues to improve the decision making process and ultimately lead to better performance. This is done by producing statistical analysis that will drive the shape of our product ranges. Our Merchandisers continually make decisions; they decide how many items to buy, place orders with suppliers and progress orders to meet agreed delivery dates. They react to trends in sales and other variables, to effectively trade the stock throughout the season, and will monitor progress regularly to provide accurate reporting information to the business.
What you’ll be responsible for:
- Maintenance/production of weekly and seasonal management packs.
- Developing your knowledge of the wider business and the function of the Buying & Merchandising area.
- Communicating clearly with internal customers at all levels, defining and explaining complex requirements and insights concisely.
- Gain an understanding of existing business standard KPI’s and report on performance vs forecasts at all levels.
- Ensuring that new MI is accurate, timely and able to be used as an effective decisionmaking tool
- Analysing data and presenting it back in an insightful way.
- Interrogate data to identify trends and interpret information from analytics, preparing and presenting the outcomes and findings.
Working here you’ll explore everything the world of digital retail has to offer — asking questions, trying new things and chasing new opportunities. Combine this curiosity with the freedom to make your own decisions, take charge of projects and work flexibly, and you’ve got the perfect place to show your skills and learn new ones. It’s fast and furious here at times, but this just means something new and exciting is always on the way. So, if you collaborate, think on your feet, embrace innovation and love rising to a challenge, your work with us will have a serious impact on the business, your career and our customers’ lives. We are proud to be N Brown.
What you will need to succeed:
We’re looking for current students on a business-related degree level (or equivalent) course who are able to commit to a full-time placement of 12 months.
You’ll be a confident user of Microsoft Office, ideally with some previous experience working with MS Excel to create reports and tables. You’ll be highly analytical and be comfortable processing complex numerical information to highlight trends or issues and recommend appropriate actions. We’re also looking for excellent written and verbal communication skills and attention to detail, along with the ability to manage and prioritise a busy workload.
How to apply and important dates to remember:
- Applications will be open from Friday 13th December 2019 and will close on Friday 7th February 2020.
- If your application is successful then you will be invited to an assessment centre. The assessment centre will be on Thursday 20th February 2020 you will be notified of the outcome end Feb/early March.
How to apply:
If you meet the criteria above and you’re considering a career in head office merchandising then we want to hear from you! To apply please upload your up-to-date CV, and your answers to the following questions (no more than 300 words please)
Why do you want a career in Merchandising Operations with N Brown?
What skills and qualities will you bring to the team?
Please note: you will only be able to upload one document on your application. Your answers to the questions above should be attached as the 1st page on your CV.
Employees in our business may have access to our customers’ personal data therefore for a number of our roles, offers of employment are subject to a satisfactory criminal record check. Having a criminal record will not necessarily prevent an individual from obtaining a position with N Brown Group.