Within our Financial Services department we pride ourselves on being the best at what we do and put the customer at the heart of everything we do. But, most importantly within JD Williams/N Brown, we recognise that it’s the people that make the difference to our organisation. So, are you ready for a new challenge? We are on the lookout for a Director of Compliance to join us and work within an industry leading team.
About our role:
As our Director of Compliance, you will be working to enable the JD Williams Board, and other key stakeholders, to consider and manage regulatory compliance through:
- Providing advice and guidance on all FCA and other relevant regulatory requirements and guidelines which govern the company
- Monitoring and reporting on the effectiveness of internal systems and controls to regulatory rules and guidance.
Additional responsibilities also include:
- Overall responsibility for the development of a coordinated approach to governance and compliance, ensuring compliance with all regulatory and statutory requirements as applicable.
- Maintain and enhance the Compliance Framework and develop a Compliance Monitoring Plan.
- Monitor compliance and report compliance breaches or weaknesses and support the firm in addressing these.
- Primary point of contact with the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA).
- Oversee and maintain the regulatory requirements of the Senior Managers & Certification Regime (SM&CR) Framework.
- Maintain awareness of, and communicate regulatory initiatives/changes, providing advice/support in their implementation.
- Oversee training throughout the firm on compliance matters.
- Produce monthly Compliance Report.
- Represent the firm at stakeholder meetings at both internal and external stakeholder meetings.
- Line Management responsibility for the Compliance team including OKR/Objective setting, reviews, succession planning etc.
- Ensure adequate resource to discharge regulatory obligations and provide effective monitoring and guidance.
Not only are we offering a competitive salary of £140,000 plus bonus, but you will also be entitled to loads of great benefits such as discount across all our brands (this includes JD Williams, Simply Be and Jacamo), healthcare, access to an impressive pension scheme, 24 days holiday plus bank holidays, on site massage and health checks plus much, much more.
Things we need from you:
- Significant experience of working within consumer credit or similar
- Extensive experience within a financial services business, specifically compliance.
- Engagement with regulators and other relevant stakeholders
- Strong understanding of the FCA Handbook, specifically the Consumer Credit Sourcebook (CONC)
- A proven understanding of retail and FS products / processes
- Excellent oral/ written communication skills. confident and articulate communicator liaising with both internal and external contacts. Able to build relationships, impart information and ensure action is carried out to meet deadlines
- Diligent and fair decision-making skills
- Experience of working in a commercial environment
- Strong time management and the ability to prioritise work load
- An aspirational personality and a desire to join a growing team and be a key member
- Organised – able to effectively plan and co-ordinate a range of ongoing activities for self and others.
- Degree qualified preferable but not essential
What happens next?
If this sounds like you and if you would like to join JD Williams/N Brown which offers excellent career progression, then we would love to hear from you! We are looking for people to interview now and join us ASAP!
Not heard of us? Here’s our story
Did you know that JD Williams has been trading from Manchester's Norther Quarter since its start over 150 years ago? Since then, not only has the portfolio of brands grown (I’m sure you’ve heard of JD Williams, Simply Be and Jacamo?) but we been providing the UK and the rest of the world with amazing products.
Employees in our business may have access to our customers’ personal data therefore for a number of our roles, offers of employment are subject to a satisfactory criminal record check; having a criminal record will not necessarily prevent an individual from obtaining a position with JD Williams.