Within N Brown we pride ourselves on being the best at what we do and more importantly we recognise that it’s the people that make the difference to our organisation. So, are you ready for a new challenge? We are on the lookout for a Head of Internal Audit to join us.
As our Head of Internal Audit, you will be responsible for leading the Group Internal Audit to provide independent, objective assurance and business advice, designed to add value and improve the operations of N Brown Group plc and its subsidiaries.
As our Head of Internal Audit, you will bring a systematic, disciplined approach to evaluating and improving the effectiveness of risk management, control and governance processes.
As our Head of Internal Audit, you will also be responsible for:
- Monitor, report on and promote effective financial and operational controls across N Brown Group plc's activities
- Plan and lead the delivery of the Group's cycle of internal audit reviews of key business risks, providing assurance to the business
- Ensure cost-effective, tracking, ownership, prioritisation and focus on key corporate risks
- Lead, recruit, train, performance manage, develop and motivate teams to ensure that the business and audit objectives are met
- Complete and deliver the Group's cyclical corporate risk assessment process and related activities, including promoting risk awareness as an integral part of all business decisions.
- Accountable for proactively monitoring the corporate risk environment in which the Group operates to ensure that significant changes are evaluated, and appropriate mitigating actions taken.
- Act as secretary to and participate in Risk Committee meetings chaired by the Group Chief Finance Officer.
- Report and present periodically to the Group Audit Committee on Corporate Audit activity, key issues arising from audit reviews and outstanding risks.
- Provide Directors and their Leadership Teams with independent, objective and practical advice, guidance and coaching in relation to design, implementation and operation of effective business controls.
- Liaise with NBG's external auditors to provide assurance that audit requirements are being monitored and met
- Oversee delivery of cost-effective perpetual inventory programmes encompassing NBG and third party-owned stock. This includes both internal and external reporting of stock integrity KPIs, highlighting operational risks/issues to Finance and Logistics.
- Oversee delivery of the retail audit plan to ensure key retail risks are mitigated and to provide assurance to the business.
Not only are we offering a competitive salary and access to a fantastic bonus scheme, you will also be entitled to loads of other great benefits such as discount across all our brands, healthcare, an impressive pension scheme, 24 days holiday plus bank holidays (as well as a holiday purchase scheme), on site massages and health checks plus much, much more.
Things we need from you:
- Substantial and demonstrable management-level experience in an internal audit/risk management role in a FTSE 350 company or leading accountancy practice
- ACA, ACCA, CIMA, MIIA qualified or relevant equivalent
- Experience of working cross-functionally to deliver exceptional service and successful outcomes
- Subject matter expert with the skill of communicating at all level across the business
- Strong working knowledge of industry regulations and legislative guidelines
- Ability to motivate and lead a team
So, this is the job for you, what do you need to do next?
If this sounds like you and if you would like to join N Brown which offers excellent career progression, then we would love to hear from you! We are looking for people to interview now and join us ASAP!
Not heard of us? Here’s our story:
Did you know that N Brown has been trading from Manchester's Norther Quarter since its start over 150 years ago? Since then, not only has the portfolio of N Brown group brands grown (I’m sure you’ve heard of JD Williams, Simply Be and Jacamo?) but we been providing the UK and the rest of the world with an amazing selection of clothing and a whole load of products across our brands.
Employees in our business may have access to our customers’ personal data therefore for a number of our roles, offers of employment are subject to a satisfactory criminal record check; having a criminal record will not necessarily prevent an individual from obtaining a position with N Brown.
JD Williams and Company Ltd (a subsidiary of N Brown Group) is an FCA regulated firm. As such the company is subject to the Senior Managers & Certification Regime (SM&CR) which aims to strengthen individual accountability across the firm when making customer related decisions.
This role has been assessed as in scope of the Certification Regime. Individuals performing Certified roles must be assessed as fit and proper prior to commencing the role, and on an annual basis thereafter. This will involve external background checks including financial, criminal and reference checks