Within N Brown we pride ourselves on being the best at what we do and more importantly we recognise that it’s the people that make the difference to our organisation. So, are you ready for a new challenge? We are on the lookout for a Commercial Finance Manager (Financial Services).
As our Commercial Finance Manager (Financial Services), you will be a key business partner to our Financial Services Leadership Team, with responsibility for elements of financial management including the business planning process, investment planning and performance, KPI and financial performance reporting, improving operational performance, the financial control environment as well as management of their specific Finance Team. As our Commercial Finance Manager will play a pivotal role in supporting the Financial Services Leadership Team as we continue to grow our already successful financial services business.
As our Commercial Finance Manager (Financial Services) you will also be responsible for:
- The review and provision of analysis on monthly Financial Services income, costs and bad debt provision, making recommendations for areas for improvement in performance
- Budgeting and forecasting Financial Services income and costs and associated bad debt costs within the financial year, and longer term for the preparation of 3-year strategic plans
- Maintain the P&L forecasting model, ensuring actual results are updated and bad debt charges are forecast in line with Group policy and management initiatives
- Commercial support for Financial Services operations, financially evaluating proposed new products where appropriate, liaising with key stakeholders
- Ensure the team provides timely information and analysis of the highest quality to the relevant boards. Aid understanding of underlying business performance and provide information and support to longer term planning and decision making.
- Lead, inspire and develop direct reports within the Financial Services finance team, providing clear management direction and performance expectations.
- Ensure the team partners the business to proactively challenge and highlight issues
- Ensure on-going positive relationships with key stakeholders
Not only are we offering up to £65,000 and access to a fantastic bonus scheme, you will also be entitled to loads of other great benefits such as discount across all our brands, healthcare, an impressive pension scheme, 24 days holiday plus bank holidays (as well as a holiday purchase scheme), on site massages and health checks plus much, much more.
Things we need from you:
- Qualified in CIMA/ACA/ACCA or equivalent
- Technically astute and an appreciation of applicable financial reporting standards is critical
- Experience of working in the Financial Services sector is essential
- Ability to being close to the detail, data driven and analytical whilst also being able to articulate results clearly to non-finance individuals
- Strong operational delivery track record, motivated to implement/deliver on time to quality standards and build new efficient processes
- Demonstrated ability to quickly appraise complex situations, identify key issues and make tough, timely decisions
- Highly energetic and driven to succeed
- Excellent interpersonal relationships and ability to manage complex stakeholder relationship.
- Ability to influence and negotiate at all levels of the organisation and experienced in communicating commercial language with a variety of media
- Naturally inquisitive with a desire to understand a broad range of commercial issues
- A strong team player
So, this is the job for you, what do you need to do next?
If this sounds like you and if you would like to join N Brown which offers excellent career progression, then we would love to hear from you! We are looking for people to interview now and join us ASAP!
Not heard of us? Here’s our story:
Did you know that N Brown has been trading from Manchester's Norther Quarter since its start over 150 years ago? Since then, not only has the portfolio of N Brown group brands grown (I’m sure you’ve heard of JD Williams, Simply Be and Jacamo?) but we been providing the UK and the rest of the world with an amazing selection of clothing and a whole load of products across our brands.
Employees in our business may have access to our customers’ personal data therefore for a number of our roles, offers of employment are subject to a satisfactory criminal record check; having a criminal record will not necessarily prevent an individual from obtaining a position with N Brown.
JD Williams and Company Ltd (a subsidiary of N Brown Group) is an FCA regulated firm. As such the company is subject to the Senior Managers & Certification Regime (SM&CR) which aims to strengthen individual accountability across the firm when making customer related decisions.