Within our People Services department we pride ourselves on being the best at what we do and more importantly we out our employees at the heart of everything we do. Within N Brown, we recognise that it’s the people that make the difference to our organisation. So, are you ready for a new challenge? We are on the lookout for a People Advisor to join our team.
This is an amazing opportunity to be a part of passionate team providing first-class support, advice and guidance for all colleagues ensuring an efficient, effective and meaningful administration service to N Brown colleagues and leaders.
Working diligently with the rest of the People Team, you will provide a first class, business focussed, advice, guidance and support, whilst effectively supporting and contributing in the design, planning, implementation and embedding of key HR projects and initiatives.
Additional responsibilities as our People Advisor:
- Proactively, coaching leaders on any case management issues, managing people risks and issues involving performance/capability, absence, probation, change management (alongside People Business Partner) identifying and offering solutions that are commercial, consistent, fair and meet our regulatory requirements
- Be ahead of the game, being confident in own ability to be pro-active in resolving challenging situations whilst driving best practice and ensuring compliance with all company procedures, policies and employment legislation
- Contribute to a culture of continuous improvement, developing new processes, procedures and practice and keeping up to date on new and emerging thinking in case law & employment legislation
- Work collaboratively with peers and colleagues to share ideas, best practice and lessons learned to drive better business performance
- Work in partnership with People Business Partners to deliver initiatives aligned to people plans and in line with our people strategy.
- Full engagement with My People Portal (HR System) to act as an approver for manager requests and support where necessary
- Work with the Head of People Services to embed the People Services Strategy; improving leadership capability, maximizing potential of our People Portal and building better processes and procedures to drive a high performing culture
- Coach and influence leaders to enhance their people management and leadership capabilities and running the leadership essentials workshops
- Recognising positive behaviours and actions, and being brave to challenge when our values and behaviours are not being demonstrated, coupled with this is providing constrictive feedback to leaders and colleagues alike to drive better performance
- Taking full responsibility for own case load ensuring that all cases are managed end to end in a timely manner and logged in the ER Tracker
What we need from you:
- Self-driven and confident; interested in own self development and that of others
- Organised and planned in approach
- CIPD qualified or equivalent
- Understanding of good people practices
- Ability to communicate and influence at all levels
- Develop sound working relationships at all levels
- Role model our behaviours and values
Although it’s not essential to have, it would be desirable if you either of the following:
- Coaching and facilitation skills
- Knowledge of organisational design and development
- Understanding of employment law and industrial relations
- TUPE experience
- Commercial experience
Not only will you receive a great competitive salary plus a bonus, but you will you will also be entitled to loads of other great benefits such as discount across all our brands, healthcare, an impressive pension scheme, 24 days holiday plus bank holidays (as well as a holiday purchase scheme), on site massages and health checks plus much, much more.
Not heard of us? Here’s our story:
Did you know that N Brown has been trading from Manchester's Norther Quarter since its start over 150 years ago? Since then, not only has the portfolio of N Brown group brands grown (I’m sure you’ve heard of JD Williams, Simply Be and Jacamo?) but we been providing the UK and the rest of the world with an amazing selection of clothing and a whole load of products across our brands.
Employees in our business may have access to our customers’ personal data therefore for a number of our roles, offers of employment are subject to a satisfactory criminal record check; having a criminal record will not necessarily prevent an individual from obtaining a position with N Brown.