The role of Management Accountant will support the Head of FS Finance in providing clear and effective weekly and monthly reporting and partnering. Working as part of the Finance team to develop the finance function brand across the organisation, as an efficient and professional team that enables commercial growth. The role also supports the preparation of the monthly management accounts by being a key player in the month end accounting, including loan book metrics, liquidity, cost management and IFRS9.
What will the Management Accountant be responsible for:
- Responsible for financial reporting, provide quality financial analysis, insightful commentaries to the business.
- Specific responsibly for production of monthly management accounts for the divisions and support the preparation of budgets, forecasts and audits.
- Focus on KPI delivery and reporting with a strong emphasis on customer service and portfolio analysis.
- Act as SME for the recently implemented Oracle Fusion Financial system to support divisional users in embedding and optimising the investment.
- Verification of actual costs and preparation of accruals, prepayments and journals.
- Reconciliation of all labour costs and preparation of division resource reports with supporting insightful commentary.
- Ensure that the business partners comply with the approved financial processes including all documentation, reports and plans, ensuring they are relevant, accurate and have a complete audit trail.
- Supports FS by championing change management; driving improvements to financial accountability across the Divisions and improving and standardising financial processes to improve overall efficiency; identifying and contributing to business improvement opportunities.
- Ad hoc analysis and provision of financial advice as required to support Finance Team, decision-making and monitoring of financial performance.
What you will need to succeed as a Management Accountant:
We’re looking for an ambitious candidate with experience from a numerical, accountancy, statistical or analytical background, the successful candidate will be fully qualified (CIMA/ACCA) and have:
- Strong MS Office skills, particularly Excel, experience of Oracle Fusion Financial Systems and TM1 is desirable not essential.
- Experience of designing reporting packs.
- Demonstrated ability to quickly appraise commercial data, identify key issues, make timely recommendations.
- Good interpersonal relationships.
- Ability to influence and communicate commercial language in 1:1 and 1: group situations with a variety of media.
- Naturally inquisitive with a desire to understand, learn, develop and share knowledge.
This is a busy and varied role so you’ll need to be highly organised with excellent time management skills. You’ll need to have a passion for delivering first class service and a positive attitude towards business change.
If you are looking for an exciting and challenging role, representing a real career development opportunity, then this could be the platform to allow your finance acumen and influencing skills to shine.
Not only are we offering a competitive salary and access to a fantastic bonus scheme (subject to qualifying criteria), you will also be entitled to loads of other great benefits such as discount across all our brands, healthcare, an impressive pension scheme, 24-days holiday plus bank holidays (as well as a holiday purchase scheme), on site massages and health checks plus much, much more.
So, this is the job for you, what do you need to do next?
If this sounds like you and if you would like to join N Brown which offers excellent career progression, then we would love to hear from you! We are looking for people to interview now and join us ASAP!
Not heard of us? Here’s our story:
Did you know that N Brown has been trading from Manchester's Norther Quarter since its start over 150 years ago? Since then, not only has the portfolio of N Brown group brands grown (I’m sure you’ve heard of JD Williams, Simply Be and Jacamo?) but we been providing the UK and the rest of the world with an amazing selection of clothing and a whole load of products across our brands.
Employees in our business may have access to our customers’ personal data therefore for a number of our roles, offers of employment are subject to a satisfactory criminal record check; having a criminal record will not necessarily prevent an individual from obtaining a position with N Brown.
JD Williams and Company Ltd (a subsidiary of N Brown Group) is an FCA regulated firm. As such the company is subject to the Senior Managers & Certification Regime (SM&CR) which aims to strengthen individual accountability across the firm when making customer related decisions.