The role of Commercial Finance Manager is to be a key business partner to the Financial Services Leadership Team with responsibility for elements of financial management.
As Commercial Finance Manager, you will be responsible:
- The review and provision of analysis on monthly Financial Services income, costs and bad debt provision, making recommendations for areas for improvement in performance;
- Budgeting and forecasting Financial Services income and costs and associated bad debt costs within the financial year, and longer term for the preparation of 3-5 year strategic plans and stress tests;
- Commercial support for Financial Services operations, financially evaluating proposed new products where appropriate, liaising with key stakeholders;
- Ensure the team provides timely information and analysis of the highest quality to the relevant boards. Aid understanding of underlying business performance and provide information and support to longer term planning and decision making;
- Lead, inspire and develop direct reports within the Financial Services finance team, providing clear management direction and performance expectations;
- Ensure the team partners the business to proactively challenge and highlight issues;
- Ensure on-going positive relationships with key stakeholders.
Things we need from you:
We’re looking for an experienced candidate from a numerical, accountancy, statistical or analytical background, the successful candidate will be fully qualified (CIMA/ACCA) and be:
- Technically astute and an appreciation of applicable financial reporting standards is critical;
- Experience of working in the Financial Services sector is essential;
- Being close to the detail, data driven and analytical whilst also being able to articulate results clearly to non-finance individuals;
- Strong operational delivery track record, motivated to implement/deliver on time to quality standards and build new efficient processes;
- Demonstrated ability to quickly appraise complex situations, identify key issues and make tough, timely decisions;
- Highly energetic and driven to succeed;
- Strong modelling experience and drive for clear data structures;
- Excellent interpersonal relationships and ability to manage complex stakeholder relationships;
- Ability to influence and negotiate at all levels of the organisation and experienced in communicating commercial language with a variety of media;
- Naturally inquisitive with a desire to understand a broad range of commercial issues;
- A strong team player.
Not only are we offering a competitive salary and access to a fantastic bonus scheme (subject to qualifying criteria), you will also be entitled to loads of other great benefits such as discount across all our brands, healthcare, an impressive pension scheme, 24-days holiday plus bank holidays (as well as a holiday purchase scheme), on site massages and health checks plus much, much more.
So, this is the job for you, what do you need to do next?
If this sounds like you and if you would like to join N Brown which offers excellent career progression, then we would love to hear from you! We are looking for people to interview now and join us ASAP!
Not heard of us? Here’s our story:
Did you know that N Brown has been trading from Manchester's Norther Quarter since its start over 150 years ago? Since then, not only has the portfolio of N Brown group brands grown (I’m sure you’ve heard of JD Williams, Simply Be and Jacamo?) but we been providing the UK and the rest of the world with an amazing selection of clothing and a whole load of products across our brands.
Employees in our business may have access to our customers’ personal data therefore for a number of our roles, offers of employment are subject to a satisfactory criminal record check; having a criminal record will not necessarily prevent an individual from obtaining a position with N Brown.
JD Williams and Company Ltd (a subsidiary of N Brown Group) is an FCA regulated firm. As such the company is subject to the Senior Managers & Certification Regime (SM&CR) which aims to strengthen individual accountability across the firm when making customer related decisions.