Here at N Brown, we champion inclusivity by making our customers look and feel amazing. We don’t believe that age, size, shape or background should stop anyone from feeling confident, stylish and happy with the way they look and feel. With our industry leading expertise in creating fashion that fits, we’ve been proudly breaking down these barriers for over 150 years. We help our customers to express themselves with stylish products, helpful services and flexible finance. Now, we’re moving forward together, embracing innovation and new technology, to continue to delight our customers. You will be part of a team who have a strong strategy to grow beauty and are passionate about offering real beauty for the real woman in an inspiring way.
Working here you’ll explore everything the world of digital retail has to offer — asking questions, trying new things and chasing new opportunities. Combine this curiosity with the freedom to make your own decisions, take charge of projects and work flexibly, and you’ve got the perfect place to show your skills and learn new ones. It’s fast and furious here at times, but this just means something new and exciting is always on the way. So, if you collaborate, think on your feet, embrace innovation and love rising to a challenge, your work with us will have a serious impact on the business, your career and our customers’ lives. We are proud to be N Brown.
Assistant Buyer Level 3- Home
The Assistant Buyer Level 3 role reports to a Buyer/Senior Buyer, working together to deliver the best ranges for our customer, as well as operating in the wider team structure such as Sourcing, Product Innovation and Merchandising. The role will have a larger degree of buying responsibility and is the second step to becoming a buyer. The aim is to deliver a profitable customer centric range and provide day to day support to a Buyer.
What you’ll be responsible for as an Assistant Buyer Level 3 on Home:
- Work with the Buyer or Senior Buyer on developing a customer centric range with the right price architecture and quality standards
- Supplier liaison/relationships and cost price negotiation
- Responsibility for critical path management
- Day to day development and motivation of BAA’s under the guidance of the Buyer/Senior
- Supporting the delivery of margin targets
- Range planning and building for ranges they are responsible for
- Reviewing weekly sales, with a focus on the best and worst sellers and actions to drive their area
- Monitoring the market and customer activity through competitive shops, sales and trend analysis
- Attend and conduct fit sessions with involvement in product development
- Attend and contribute to buying meeting
- Delivery of newness stories across multiple platforms for in season for future seasons
- Attends weekly and monthly squad trade meetings
- Regular website checks for product set up issues and fixing (where necessary)
What you will need to succeed as an Assistant Buyer Level 3 on Home:
- Relevant degree or the ability to demonstrate the required level of skills through work-experience
- Excellent administrative, communication and organisation skills
- A keen interest in fashion and customer first
- Driven & motivated
- Retail experience essential
In return for your hard-work and commitment, you’ll receive fantastic training and a competitive benefits package.
Employees in our business may have access to our customers’ personal data therefore for a number of our roles, offers of employment are subject to a satisfactory criminal record check.
Having a criminal record will not necessarily prevent an individual from obtaining a position with JD Williams