Here at N Brown, we champion inclusivity by making our customers look and feel amazing. We don’t believe that age, size, shape or background should stop anyone from feeling confident, stylish and happy with the way they look and feel. With our industry leading expertise in creating fashion that fits, we’ve been proudly breaking down these barriers for over 150 years. We help our customers to express themselves with stylish products, helpful services and flexible finance. Now, we’re moving forward together, embracing innovation and new technology, to continue to delight our customers. You will be part of a team who have a strong strategy to grow beauty and are passionate about offering real beauty for the real woman in an inspiring way.
Working here you’ll explore everything the world of digital retail has to offer — asking questions, trying new things and chasing new opportunities. Combine this curiosity with the freedom to make your own decisions, take charge of projects and work flexibly, and you’ve got the perfect place to show your skills and learn new ones. It’s fast and furious here at times, but this just means something new and exciting is always on the way. So, if you collaborate, think on your feet, embrace innovation and love rising to a challenge, your work with us will have a serious impact on the business, your career and our customers’ lives. We are proud to be N Brown.
Senior Buyer- Menswear
The Senior Buyer role reports to a Head of Buying, working together to deliver the best ranges for our customer, as well as operating in the wider team structure such as Sourcing, QA and Merchandising. The aim is to deliver a profitable customer centric range and provide day to day administrative support to the category.
What you’ll be responsible for as a Senior Buyer on Menswear:
- To lead and implement product segment strategies and to maximise performance & KPI’s across multiple departments / product areas.
- To lead a team of Buyers Admins and Assistants on strategic direction for the segment, coach, support and develop the team for delivery.
- To drive and implement clear fashion trends to ensure exciting and commercial ranges appropriate customer group and deliver relevant handwriting.
- Achieve a bought-in margin (BIM) that supports market competitive prices, sales targets and build a good, better, best range that is in line with competition that achieves the Dept BIM.
- To innovate & implement in terms of product opportunity, range and attributes through strategic thinking.
- Input into the development of the Supplier strategy for your departments. To regularly seek out and meet new Suppliers to understand the Global Market, and act upon the opportunities within.
- To ensure key stories and trends launch cohesively working with all Buyers and Assistants.
- To strategically plan to react and trade to Sales on volume lines by working closely with the Merchandising teams.
- Accountable for the cost price, selling price which delivers the BIM.
- Accountable for the demand and NAM on the area.
- Accountable for the team’s development and performance on the segment.
- To fully understand and meet the customer needs, increase customer 5-star product reviews whilst driving the customer panel most preferred result.
- Design, merchandising, PI and sourcing teams.
What you will need to succeed as a Senior Buyer on Menswear:
- Good analytical skills.
- The ability to recognise future trends.
- Excellent commercial awareness.
- Communication skills.
- Confidence and presentation skills.
- Ability to make decisions under pressure.
- Negotiation skills.
In return for your hard-work and commitment, you’ll receive fantastic training and a competitive benefits package.
Employees in our business may have access to our customers’ personal data therefore for a number of our roles, offers of employment are subject to a satisfactory criminal record check.
Having a criminal record will not necessarily prevent an individual from obtaining a position with JD Williams