Here at N Brown, we champion inclusivity by making our customers look and feel amazing. We don’t believe that age, size, shape or background should stop anyone from feeling confident, stylish and happy with the way they look and feel. With our industry leading expertise in creating fashion that fits, we’ve been proudly breaking down these barriers for over 150 years. We help our customers to express themselves with stylish products, helpful services and flexible finance. Now, we’re moving forward together, embracing innovation and new technology, to continue to delight our customers. You will be part of a team who have a strong strategy to grow beauty and are passionate about offering real beauty for the real woman in an inspiring way.
Working here you’ll explore everything the world of digital retail has to offer — asking questions, trying new things and chasing new opportunities. Combine this curiosity with the freedom to make your own decisions, take charge of projects and work flexibly, and you’ve got the perfect place to show your skills and learn new ones. It’s fast and furious here at times, but this just means something new and exciting is always on the way. So, if you collaborate, think on your feet, embrace innovation and love rising to a challenge, your work with us will have a serious impact on the business, your career and our customers’ lives. We are proud to be N Brown.
Head of Buying- Womenswear
The Head of Buying leads the Brand to deliver the best ranges for our customer, as well as operating in the wider team structure such as Sourcing, Product Innovation and Merchandising. Supporting the Director of Buying with the implementation of the divisional strategy to deliver a profitable customer centric range and get the best out of the team.
What you’ll be responsible for as a Head of Buying on Womenswear:
- To create and manage a product category and range strategy, to deliver against the brand guidelines and business strategy to meet the needs of the consumer segments, brands and channels, working closely with Head of Merchandise.
- To manage the product category P&L to optimise performance and return on investment.
- To lead the range planning and selection process to deliver product ranges in line with the brief of the brand.
- To lead the sourcing and supplier strategy, supplier negotiation and supplier management for their given brand.
- To deliver a cohesive handwriting and range optimisation for their brand.
- Work closely with Head of Quality to ensure products offer value for money in line with outlined quality strategy and pricing policy. Focus to reduce returns rates. Increase customer 5-star product reviews whilst driving the customer panel most preferred result.
- Lead the product dimension of in-season trading performance, and any variance to plan, to deliver optimum return on investment.
- Recruit, train, develop, lead and motivate a team to ensure that the business and segment objectives are met.
- Keep abreast of market intelligence, with knowledge and awareness specifically around key competitors.
- Keep abreast of fashion and key consumer trends.
- Buying relevant products at the right cost price and correct selling price based on pricing strategy driving the BIM and lead time to achieve cash contribution.
- Buying product relevant to customer segmentation and brand.
- Pricing, features and the availability of our products to enhance our customer experience.
- EBITDA, VIBE, NOS, Online Sales plus further KPI’s from top 25 TBD.
- Merchandising, Fit, Sourcing, Design, Brand and HOT.
- Global product supply base.
- Marketing, brand and finance.
What you will need to succeed as a Head of Buying on Womenswear:
- Good analytical skills
- The ability to recognise future trends
- Excellent commercial awareness
- Communication skills
- Confidence and presentation skills
- Ability to make decisions under pressure
- Negotiation skills
- Advanced excel experience
In return for your hard-work and commitment, you’ll receive fantastic training and a competitive benefits package.
Employees in our business may have access to our customers’ personal data therefore for a number of our roles, offers of employment are subject to a satisfactory criminal record check.
Having a criminal record will not necessarily prevent an individual from obtaining a position with JD Williams