Here at N Brown, we champion inclusivity by making our customers look and feel amazing. We don’t believe that age, size, shape or background should stop anyone from feeling confident, stylish and happy with the way they look and feel. With our industry leading expertise in creating fashion that fits, we’ve been proudly breaking down these barriers for over 150 years. We help our customers to express themselves with stylish products, helpful services and flexible finance. Now, we’re moving forward together, embracing innovation and new technology, to continue to delight our customers. You will be part of a team who have a strong strategy to grow beauty and are passionate about offering real beauty for the real woman in an inspiring way.
Working here you’ll explore everything the world of digital retail has to offer — asking questions, trying new things and chasing new opportunities. Combine this curiosity with the freedom to make your own decisions, take charge of projects and work flexibly, and you’ve got the perfect place to show your skills and learn new ones. It’s fast and furious here at times, but this just means something new and exciting is always on the way. So, if you collaborate, think on your feet, embrace innovation and love rising to a challenge, your work with us will have a serious impact on the business, your career and our customers’ lives. We are proud to be N Brown.
Digital Fit and Style Development Lead
Lead and drive the Digital Fit Strategy and Team across multiple product departments to embed a digital mind-set and consistent methodology, to ensure N Brown is at the forefront of digital technology in delivering fit, sizing and block excellence.
What you’ll be responsible for as a Digital Fit and Style Development Lead:
- Lead the digital fit department, recruit, select and support team members and line manage by setting performance objectives, reviews and performance coach providing clear and constructive feedback in regular 121’s, agreeing training and development plans accordingly.
- Supports the Head Of in taking responsibility for the development, delivery and application of all tools, data and innovation relating to the Digital Fit Strategy, including tools a comprehensive block library and to drive consistency of fit whilst achieving strategic and seasonal requirements.
- Aspires to be the business ‘fit and sizing expert’, demonstrating market awareness on new digital software/technology, sizing data/ capture and technical fit innovations and setting /analysing metrics with key stakeholders to drive a right first time culture measuring performance and improvements.
- Identify, implement and communicate short, medium and long-term action plans for department, team and self, and regularly coordinate, analyse and report on the fit and sizing performance of N Brown products including customer feedback and returns, setting appropriate targets to drive and prioritize areas of continuous improvement.
- Able to be ‘hands on’ and proactively prioritises team and own workload with line managing responsibilities to required deadlines, driving opportunities to refine processes to generate more efficient ways of working, optimizing productivity and speed to market with reduced costs.
- Communicate and articulate (orally and visually) the Digital Fit strategy to internal and external stakeholders, supporting Head of in embedding a forward-thinking mindset and methodology.
- Ownership for Fit model recruitment, customer centric Fit Forms and relevant avatar creation to provide the PI’s, Design, Buying and Regional teams with the correct tools and information to support achieving our goal to be the market leader in fit.
- Work creatively with internal and external stakeholder teams to deliver the required fit, aesthetic and commercial / brand requirements in a consistent manner, incorporating the fit and sizing standards into the master blocks to offer a customer centric fit to flatter regardless of size and age.
- Drive the collation and application of body scan and growth data to generating an accurate interpretation and appropriate analysis in delivering and updating brand grade rules, accompanying manuals and documents to provide and measure customer centric fit consistency.
- Lead and drive opportunities for lay planning tools to support commercial teams in costing, pattern engineering and production lay plans in reducing development lead times, drive efficiency, speed to market and net margin improvements.
- Direct and complete fit and sizing ‘benchmarking ‘exercises across competitors to demonstrate commercial competitor awareness, organising and conducting regular ‘fit reviews’ to appraise and our fit/product offer and applying these learnings to enhance the customer shopping experience.
- Takes ownership and actively participates in the creation and maintenance of N Brown master blocks, supporting all internal teams and suppliers with their implementation consistency of fit across the brands.
- Creatively optimises relationships, ways of working and appraisal of Suppliers/Factories/Service Providers technical and digital capabilities, monitoring their performance to contribute to KPI’s and supplier scorecard and sharing data with wider business teams to assist wider sourcing strategy.
What you will need to succeed as a Digital Fit and Style Development Lead:
- Minimum 2 years within similar technical role and managing a team
- Able to direct, develop and nurture team members to optimise their talents to create a successful team
- Knowledge of a wide-ranging Supply base, product industries and retail competitors
- Pattern Technical Degree / or Industry Equivalent Qualification
- Excellent technical expertise in pattern cutting and fitting, body growth, grading and sizing related systems across all genders covering both standard sizing and plus sizes and covering wide ranges of products
- Wide knowledge of construction across the industry and product types
- Digital Pattern cutting skills with excellent competency in using pattern creation and digitising systems, and 2D/3D digital software
- Knowledge of the wider Digital Fit Technology and emerging software market including Gerber, Optitex, Tukatec, and Browzwear
- IT skills – competent in word, excel, PowerPoint and relevant cad software for role
In return for your hard-work and commitment, you’ll receive fantastic training and a competitive benefits package.
Employees in our business may have access to our customers’ personal data therefore for a number of our roles, offers of employment are subject to a satisfactory criminal record check.
Having a criminal record will not necessarily prevent an individual from obtaining a position with JD Williams