Here at N Brown, we champion inclusivity by making our customers look and feel amazing. We don’t believe that age, size, shape or background should stop anyone from feeling confident, stylish and happy with the way they look and feel. With our industry leading expertise in creating fashion that fits, we’ve been proudly breaking down these barriers for over 150 years. We help our customers to express themselves with stylish products, helpful services and flexible finance. Now, we’re moving forward together, embracing innovation and new technology, to continue to delight our customers. You will be part of a team who have a strong strategy to grow beauty and are passionate about offering real beauty for the real woman in an inspiring way.
Working here you’ll explore everything the world of digital retail has to offer — asking questions, trying new things and chasing new opportunities. Combine this curiosity with the freedom to make your own decisions, take charge of projects and work flexibly, and you’ve got the perfect place to show your skills and learn new ones. It’s fast and furious here at times, but this just means something new and exciting is always on the way. So, if you collaborate, think on your feet, embrace innovation and love rising to a challenge, your work with us will have a serious impact on the business, your career and our customers’ lives. We are proud to be N Brown.
Pattern and Development Technologist
Use 2D digital pattern development tools and 3D digital software to translate body shape analysis and research in creatively developing blocks, patterns and supportive information that exceed customer expectations ensuring N Brown is at the forefront of digital technology to deliver customer centric products and consistent fit excellence to flatter regardless of size and age.
What you’ll be responsible for as a Pattern and Development Technologist:
- Deliver the Digital Fit Strategy and seasonal business requirements, generating exceptional product and fit through the creation, implementation and maintenance of the N Brown 2D and 3D master block library and patterns ensuring the fit and sizing standards are consistently aligned to the strategic and brand objectives.
- Research, analyse and translate body growth data to generate innovative brand specific grade solutions which deliver consistent customer centric product fit USP to achieve customer satisfaction and reduced returns.
- Develop strong relationships with key stakeholders, internally and externally, promoting the adoption and implementation of fit, sizing and grading standards for consistent product quality, fit, aesthetic, commercial / brand requirements in delivering product excellence to establish N Brown the market leader Digital Fit.
- Proactive in creating accurate fit tools and 3D avatars to drive forward the virtual fitting initiative and roll-out to reduce sampling and improve lead times whilst supporting the Digital Fit Lead in recruiting of fit models to provide the PI, Design, Buying and Regional teams with appropriate tools to appraise and approve products.
- Review, analyse and appraise the performance of blocks, suppliers, factories and service providers for technical capabilities, lead times, product quality, returns, customer feedback/reviews and commercial data and fit reviews across apparel categories to gain insight and knowledge of changing customer requirements, proposing appropriate recommendations and implementing agreed actions to drive continuous product improvements.
- Liaise, collaborate and proactively support commercial teams seeking improvement opportunities for costing, pattern engineering and production lay plans by using lay planning tools to drive efficiency, speed to market and net margin improvements without compromising brand quality and fit standards.
- Aspire to be a ‘product fit expert’ remaining updated and knowledgeable on new digital software, technology, innovations and sizing data/tools to drive innovative products and fit and improve communication of sizing to customer to deliver brand excellence.
- Actively monitor and manage product progress and maintain all relevant product information including on time development and sealing, specifying, reviewing and acting upon required Product Test, Compliance and AQL data requirements following business processes and systems.
- Proactively conduct benchmarking exercises for fit and sizing across competitors, demonstrating commercial awareness of external competition and use information to improve our fit/product offer and to enhance the customer shopping experience.
What you will need to succeed as a Pattern and Development Technologist:
- Pattern Technical Degree or Industry Equivalent Qualification
- Minimum 2-5 years within technical specific role
- Technical Expertise Digital Pattern cutting with excellent competency in using 2D/3D digital software
- Excellent technical expertise in Pattern cutting, fit, body growth, grading and sizing related systems covering wide ranges of products, across all genders covering both standard sizing and plus sizes
- Wide knowledge of construction and pattern techniques used across the industry and product types
- Digital Pattern cutting skills with excellent competency in using pattern creation and digitising systems, and 2D/3D digital software
- Knowledge of the wider Digital Fit Technology and emerging software market including Gerber, Optitex, Tukatec, and Browzwear
- IT skills – competent in word, excel, PowerPoint and relevant cad software for role.
- Knowledge of a wide-ranging Supply base, product industries and retail competitors
In return for your hard-work and commitment, you’ll receive fantastic training and a competitive benefits package.
Employees in our business may have access to our customers’ personal data therefore for a number of our roles, offers of employment are subject to a satisfactory criminal record check.
Having a criminal record will not necessarily prevent an individual from obtaining a position with JD Williams