Here at N Brown, we champion inclusivity by making our customers look and feel amazing. We don’t believe that age, size, shape or background should stop anyone from feeling confident, stylish and happy with the way they look and feel. With our industry leading expertise in creating fashion that fits, we’ve been proudly breaking down these barriers for over 150 years. We help our customers to express themselves with stylish products, helpful services and flexible finance. Now, we’re moving forward together, embracing innovation and new technology, to continue to delight our customers. You will be part of a team who have a strong strategy to grow beauty and are passionate about offering real beauty for the real woman in an inspiring way.
Working here you’ll explore everything the world of digital retail has to offer — asking questions, trying new things and chasing new opportunities. Combine this curiosity with the freedom to make your own decisions, take charge of projects and work flexibly, and you’ve got the perfect place to show your skills and learn new ones. It’s fast and furious here at times, but this just means something new and exciting is always on the way. So, if you collaborate, think on your feet, embrace innovation and love rising to a challenge, your work with us will have a serious impact on the business, your career and our customers’ lives. We are proud to be N Brown.
Head of Product Development & Fit
Provide assured technical leadership and direction to the Product Innovation and Digital Fit teams for the end-to-end product development, fit and quality performance, standards and compliance processes and consistently drive our brand standards of quality and fit excellence, representing exceptional value for money and exceeding our Customer expectations while embedding a future thinking Digital mind set and methodology business wide.
What you’ll be responsible for as Head of Development & Fit:
- Responsible for delivering strategic leadership and direction for the quality, fit and technical functions globally, working in partnership with our internal and external stakeholders and strategic partners in providing innovative ideas, solutions and ways of working to support our growth and brand credentials.
- Responsible for the effective governance and delivery of the Digital Fit strategy across the Clothing Footwear and Accessories group, setting clear intent, action plans and guardrails to achieve outcomes aligned to the group and wider business strategy ensuring that the customer is at the heart of all we do.
- Role models our values and actively grow, mentor and develop our teams through effective line management, coaching and managing performance, providing constructive feedback through regular 121’s and quarterly appraisal reviews to deliver an inspirational team performance.
- Ensure the team are identifying and managing potential risks to provide products which are legal and safe and delivering customer satisfaction through appropriate processes, collation and analysis of data and customer feedback driving a measurable programme of continuous improvement and grow sales.
- Define, implement, communicate the Product Innovation and Digital Fit strategies and constantly drive new quality and fit initiatives to deliver an efficient, innovative and customer focussed service.
- In partnership with Heads of Buying, Design, Sourcing and Heads of Merchandising and Suppliers, develop GBB product ranges and standards using effective processes in line with industry leading best practices, delivering customer centred brand fit and quality on time driving a ‘right first time’ approach.
- Deliver accurate analysis, reporting and presenting of Quality, Fit and Returns and Customer feedback performance data with action plans prioritizing improvement areas, building any required strategic and tactical changes and translating into manufacturable technical requirements.
- Recognised business ‘Fit and Product expert’ able to research, benchmark and drive new technical opportunities and innovations, trends and sizing data, advancing N Browns USP and brand credentials.
- Actively collaborate with our cross functional teams, analysing and refining business processes, ways of working and supplier communications to drive opportunities for increased efficiencies, reduced costs, and lead times, increase speed to market and eliminate duplication without compromising our standards.
- Measure, review and manage Supplier and Service Providers’ performance and compliance to support the Sourcing Strategy, contributing to KPI’s and Supplier Scorecards and any required cost / benefit analysis.
- Responsible for delivering day-to-day group management, including opex and capex costs, in line with agreed business budgets and business / group KPI’s.
- Growth in profitability – streamlining and simplifying all technical, quality and fit processes to improve efficiency, execution times, Customer perceptions of quality/value/fit, reducing returns rates and costs while always delivering uncompromising product quality, fit and safety.
What you will need to succeed as Head of Development & Fit:
- Product Technical Degree /or Industry Equivalent Qualification
- Strong proven skills in Leadership/management skills
- Accuracy in interpretation of complex technical requirements and delivering this in an effective and efficient way
- Use analytical and product insight to influence corrective actions with strong focus on continually driving improvements
- Ability to create and deliver effective and persuasive presentations or written communications to Vendors, buyers and Senior Management
- Demonstrate planning and organisational skills with ability to effectively and independently prioritise workload while remaining focused on tasks until their successful completion
- Critical path management
- Persuasive, able to influence and build strong relationships with key stakeholders
- Ability to coach team to have an innovative, pioneering quality mind-set embracing change
- Excellent subject matter expert for relevant products in product construction and testing, fabric knowledge, Fitting and grading where applicable
- IT skills – competent in word, excel and PowerPoint
- Knowledge of Digital technology used in a product development environment through to a customer shopping experience
In return for your hard-work and commitment, you’ll receive fantastic training and a competitive benefits package.
Employees in our business may have access to our customers’ personal data therefore for a number of our roles, offers of employment are subject to a satisfactory criminal record check.
Having a criminal record will not necessarily prevent an individual from obtaining a position with JD Williams