Working for a fast-paced online retailer, the role of Planning Manager will link the key areas (Media, B&M, FS and Logistics) via the Retail Forecast. As well as providing plans & forecasts, you will be involved in the development of the tools we use with Data Science developers.
What will the Planning Manager be responsible for:
- Own & deliver the end to end marketing planning process by Brand. Covering PPBs, Price architecture and Product Mix
- Identify brand relevant key product and market opportunities as building blocks to work with marketing initiatives to achieve brand growth
- Manage the process of product deep dives for areas of risk & opportunity. Utilising the required resources across the business
- Manage and collaborate with key stakeholders across the planning process including Heads of Trade, Head of Media, Head of Buying & Merchandise & Commercial Finance to ensure delivery of a joined up cross functional plan for each brand
- You will be an active member of the brand trading squads to provide insight, direction of trade vs forecast, performance interrogation & recommendations on trading activity
- Continuously improve the Retail Forecast process by adopting multi source intelligence to provide the most accurate view of the Brands demand direction. Working with Data Science to develop the forecasting system to reduce the need to manipulate data
- Provide accurate forecasts at multi-level KPIs to the wider business (B&M, Financial Services, Logistics), all stemming from the Retail Forecast
- Collaborate with the Brand Squad in the Data Division to enhance and automate the analytics that support product planning & demand forecast
- Collaborate with the media team to align the demand forecast to marketing spend and new customer requirements
What you will need to succeed as a Planning Manager:
We’re looking for an ambitious candidate ideally with experience in Retail planning with:
- Advanced SQL & Product structure knowledge
- Advanced Google Analytics
- Advanced Excel & Power BI
- Understanding of how Marketing, Finance and Buying & Merchandising work together to achieve Brand objectives
- Build & maintain multi-function relationships - dealing with multiple inputs from various functions whilst maintaining a high level of ‘ownership’, showing you are a subject matter expert
- Strong budgeting, forecasting, reporting and analytical skills
- Ability to interrogation of large data sets, with a very keen eye for accuracy
If you are looking for an exciting and challenging role, representing a real career development opportunity, then this could be the platform to allow your skills to shine.
Not only are we offering a competitive salary and access to a fantastic bonus scheme (subject to qualifying criteria), you will also be entitled to loads of other great benefits such as discount across all our brands, healthcare, an impressive pension scheme, 24-days holiday plus bank holidays (as well as a holiday purchase scheme), on site massages and health checks plus much, much more.
So, this is the job for you, what do you need to do next?
If this sounds like you and if you would like to join N Brown which offers excellent career progression, then we would love to hear from you! We are looking for people to interview now and join us ASAP!
Not heard of us? Here’s our story:
Did you know that N Brown has been trading from Manchester's Norther Quarter since its start over 150 years ago? Since then, not only has the portfolio of N Brown group brands grown (I’m sure you’ve heard of JD Williams, Simply Be and Jacamo?) but we been providing the UK and the rest of the world with an amazing selection of clothing and a whole load of products across our brands.
Employees in our business may have access to our customers’ personal data therefore for a number of our roles, offers of employment are subject to a satisfactory criminal record check; having a criminal record will not necessarily prevent an individual from obtaining a position with N Brown.
JD Williams and Company Ltd (a subsidiary of N Brown Group) is an FCA regulated firm. As such the company is subject to the Senior Managers & Certification Regime (SM&CR) which aims to strengthen individual accountability across the firm when making customer related decisions.