Here at N Brown, we champion inclusivity by making our customers look and feel amazing. We don’t believe that age, size, shape or background should stop anyone from feeling confident, stylish and happy with the way they look and feel. With our industry leading expertise in creating fashion that fits, we’ve been proudly breaking down these barriers for over 150 years. We help our customers to express themselves with stylish products, helpful services and flexible finance. Now, we’re moving forward together, embracing innovation and new technology, to continue to delight our customers. You will be part of a team who have a strong strategy to grow beauty and are passionate about offering real beauty for the real woman in an inspiring way.
Working here you’ll explore everything the world of digital retail has to offer — asking questions, trying new things and chasing new opportunities. Combine this curiosity with the freedom to make your own decisions, take charge of projects and work flexibly, and you’ve got the perfect place to show your skills and learn new ones. It’s fast and furious here at times, but this just means something new and exciting is always on the way. So, if you collaborate, think on your feet, embrace innovation and love rising to a challenge, your work with us will have a serious impact on the business, your career and our customers’ lives. We are proud to be N Brown.
Graduate Product Innovator
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a Product Innovator to support our Apparel team. Based in the heart of Manchester, the role will involve developing products to meet our customer expectations around quality, value and service. This role is perfect for a Graduate or equivalent as you will be supported and mentored to develop your skills within a fast-changing digital retail environment.
What you’ll be responsible for as a Graduate Product Innovator:
- Work in line with the Product Innovation strategy as defined by the Head of Product Innovation to constantly improve the quality, fit and value of products.
- In partnership with the Digital Fit Innovation team, effectively use Size data in the development of products to ensure products are fit for purpose for relevant Customer brand across all of the Product range.
- Innovating Product and construction to develop USP’s and exceptional products for customer brand requirements.
- Working closely with buying and where applicable Suppliers at source to evaluate and develop the product range to deliver exceptional quality for the customer, ensuring it is on time and from the right supplier for the product type.
- Effectively engineer products, where applicable, to support net margin improvements for your dept.
- Provide Product Technical expertise to support the wider product team including Digital Fit Innovation, Design, Buying, Merchandising, Marketing, Stores, Supply Base, Warehouse, MED, CSO and Apprentices/placements.
- Constantly review and improve Quality Standards in line with customer expectation, competitors and internal Quality guidelines.
- Communication – engage with the wider business team both internal and external to drive innovation forward and effectively promote product benefits to the customer.
- Analyse, understand, report and act upon customer feedback and returns metrics.
- Research and benchmark new Technical Innovations, Product developments etc.
- Specify, review and act upon required Product Test, Chemical, environmental Compliance and product safety requirements.
- Evaluate Supplier and Service Providers Performance for skill abilities, lead times and quality of product achieved acting on issues and recommending improvements.
- Monitor and maintain all product information on Critical Path and data files.
- Growth in Profitability – reduce returns rates due to improved Quality, Value and Customer perception with less quality issues at source, reduced sampling, reduced defects and reduced non-compliance.
What you will need to succeed as a Graduate Product Innovator:
- Product Technical Degree / or Industry Equivalent Qualification
- Technical Expertise in relevant products including product construction, Testing and compliance legislation, chemical management and fabric/material knowledge.
- Fitting and grading skills specific to relevant product.
- CAD capability where required
- Relevant Product construction knowledge
- Communication skills – verbal and written – ability to communicate via variety of media with different cultures/various levels of Stakeholders
- A good appreciation of fashion/current trends/quality standards on product fit/styling/construction and innovation to product
- IT skills – competent in word, excel and PowerPoint and relevant CAD software
- Highly organised
- Self-motivated with a positive attitude
- Excellent Time Management – personal and role impact
In return for your hard-work and commitment, you’ll receive fantastic training and a competitive benefits package.
Employees in our business may have access to our customers’ personal data therefore for a number of our roles, offers of employment are subject to a satisfactory criminal record check.
Having a criminal record will not necessarily prevent an individual from obtaining a position with JD Williams