Here at N Brown, we are looking to recruit a Java Developer to join our Engineering team! You’ll be a part of a squad, developing our commercial websites and supporting software using modern development standards, technologies and techniques. As a Java developer your role will be to plan, develop, test and maintain software solutions to agreed timescales and quality standards.
- Designing and implementing e-business applications/systems according to existing corporate software development standards
- Producing system and user documentation outlining requirements, design, specifications and test plans
- Carrying out maintenance and support of e-business systems during the development stage
- Organising and managing time allocated tasks, highlighting conflicts in priorities and progress against plans, communicating any deviation in a timely manner
- Actively participate in both formal and informal meetings and discussions towards structured deadlines
- Proactively identifying issues or barriers and escalating or resolving accordingly
What are we looking for?
- Passion for well designed, testable and efficient code using modern design patterns and quality development principles
- Experience in developing high quality, scalable and secure Java apps
- Solid understanding of the full software development cycle
- At least one popular web framework (Spring MVC, Servlets)
- Experience with Unit Testing
- An ability to not only follow, but collaboratively set development standards
- Proactive identification of issues and barriers and escalating or resolving appropriately
- Passion for user experience
- Knowledge of Relational Databases, SQL and ORM technologies (e.g. Hibernate)
- Experience working in or a good understanding of development in an agile environment
About N Brown
Working here you’ll explore everything the world of digital retail has to offer — asking questions, trying new things and chasing new opportunities. Combine this curiosity with the freedom to make your own decisions, take charge of projects and work flexibly, and you’ve got the perfect place to show your skills and learn new ones.
It’s fast and furious here at times, but this just means something new and exciting is always on the way. So, if you collaborate, think on your feet, embrace innovation and love rising to a challenge, your work with us will have a serious impact on the business, your career and our customers’ lives.
What’s in it for you?
As a Java Developer at N Brown will receive a competitive salary of up to £50,000 per annum DOE, plus a pension scheme, life assurance, 24 days holiday plus bank holidays, in addition to taking advantage of a holiday purchase scheme! You will benefit from our flexible working hours and fantastic location based in the heart of the northern quarter, Manchester. We take your learning and growth seriously – if there’s something you’d like to upskill yourself in, we’ll do everything to make it happen! You will receive fantastic employee discount on our products, a discounted share purchase scheme. access to our Employee Assistance Programme and much more!
We are proud to be N Brown.