At N Brown Group, a career in Buying involves working in a fast paced, commercial environment. Our Buyers have the ability to recognise the latest shapes and trends and turn them into commercial product. Our teams are responsible for developing, selecting, sourcing and trading trend led product to excite our customers. The Buying teams also work closely with our Design and Merchandising teams to ensure the business has the right product to exceed our customers’ expectations.
This is a truly fantastic opportunity where you will be given responsibilities that will add to the success of the business and you will become an integral part of the team whilst building your work experience in a commercial fashion head office environment. You’ll also develop crucial industry relationships along the way which may help your employment prospects after you’ve graduated from university!
- Supporting the Buying teams with administrative requirements.
- Attending departmental range and selection meetings.
- Assisting in fit sessions.
- Sample management.
- Regular benchmarking of competitors.
- Liaising with suppliers to progress orders; forging and maintaining strong supplier relationships.
- Attending appointments with suppliers alongside the Buyer as and when required.
- Entering product details on to our systems.
Working here you’ll explore everything the world of digital retail has to offer — asking questions, trying new things and chasing new opportunities. Combine this curiosity with the freedom to make your own decisions, take charge of projects and work flexibly, and you’ve got the perfect place to show your skills and learn new ones. It’s fast and furious here at times, but this just means something new and exciting is always on the way. So, if you collaborate, think on your feet, embrace innovation and love rising to a challenge, your work with us will have a serious impact on the business, your career and our customers’ lives. We are proud to be N Brown.
What we’re looking for:
We’re looking for current students on a Fashion or Buying related degree (or equivalent) course who can commit to placement of 12 months. You’ll need to display a keen commercial eye for product along with good knowledge of the latest fashion trends. A genuine passion and drive for a career in fashion is essential as well as the ability to demonstrate a sound understanding of the purpose and value of a Buying function within a business. Attention to detail and excellent organisation skills are paramount as it’s crucial that work is completed accurately, sometimes to tight deadlines. You should be PC literate with the ability to quickly adapt and learn new systems. You’ll be a confident communicator with an energetic approach and exceptional levels of personal motivation.
How to apply:
If you meet the criteria above and you’re considering a career in buying then we want to hear from you! To apply please upload your up-to-date CV, along with cover letter and your answer to the following questions (no more than 300 words please).
- Why do you want to be a Buyer?
- What skills and qualities will you bring to the N Brown team?
Please note: you will only be able to upload one document on your application. Your answer to the question above should be attached as the 1st page on your CV.
- Applications will be open from Monday 5th October 2020 and will close Wednesday 11th November 2020.
- If your application is successful, then you will be invited to an assessment centre (virtual). The assessment centre will be running on between mid-November 2020 to early December 2020. Following this you will be notified of the outcome within 2 weeks.
Employees in our business may have access to our customers’ personal data therefore for a number of our roles, offers of employment are subject to a satisfactory criminal record check. Having a criminal record will not necessarily prevent an individual from obtaining a position with N Brown Group.