At N Brown Group, merchandising means having the right stock in the right place at the right time. Our teams are responsible for estimating the amount of product we will sell and work closely with buying teams to produce statistical analysis that will drive the shape of our product ranges. Our Merchandisers continually make decisions; they decide how many items to buy, place orders with suppliers and progress orders to meet agreed delivery dates. They react to trends in sales, and other variables, to effectively trade the stock throughout the season and will monitor progress regularly to provide accurate reporting information to the business.
- Assisting with compiling initial estimates for your department across all relevant channels.
- Managing commitment date and intake to help maximise stock availability across all channels.
- Identifying through analysis of data, trends and adjustments that need to be made to the stock position.
- Keying estimates and markdowns.
- Regular communication and ensuring that a balanced, commercial relationship is maintained.
- Participating in regular team reviews to ensure deadlines and targets are met.
- Helping to deliver the trading plan for the season to ensure optimum stock availability for all channels.
- Providing statistics and historical trading information to support the Buyers with planning and building ranges.
Working here you’ll explore everything the world of digital retail has to offer — asking questions, trying new things and chasing new opportunities. Combine this curiosity with the freedom to make your own decisions, take charge of projects and work flexibly, and you’ve got the perfect place to show your skills and learn new ones. It’s fast and furious here at times, but this just means something new and exciting is always on the way. So, if you collaborate, think on your feet, embrace innovation and love rising to a challenge, your work with us will have a serious impact on the business, your career and our customers’ lives. We are proud to be N Brown.
What we’re looking for:
We’re looking for current students on a related degree level (or equivalent) course such as Fashion Merchandising, Business, Economics, Mathematics or Psychology who are able to commit to a full-time placement of 12 months.
You’ll be a confident user of Microsoft Office, ideally with previous experience working with MS Excel to create reports and tables. You’ll be highly analytical with strong mathematical ability and be comfortable analysing data and processing complex numerical information to highlight trends or issues and recommend appropriate actions. We’re also looking for excellent written and verbal communication skills and attention to detail, along with the ability to manage and prioritise a busy workload.
A true passion and drive for a career in retail and the ability to demonstrate a sound understanding of the role of a Merchandising function within a business is essential. Previous retail experience would be advantageous.
How to apply:
If you meet the criteria above and you’re considering a career in head office Merchandising then we want to hear from you! To apply please upload your up-to-date CV, and your answers to the following questions (no more than 300 words please).
- Why do you want a career in Merchandising with N Brown?
- What skills and qualities will you bring to the team?
Please note: you will only be able to upload one document on your application. Your answers to the questions above should be attached as the 1st page on your CV.
- Applications will be open from Monday 5th October 2020 and will close Wednesday 11th November 2020.
- If your application is successful, then you will be invited to an assessment centre (virtual). The assessment centre will be running on between mid-November 2020 to early December 2020. Following this you will be notified of the outcome within 2 weeks.
Employees in our business may have access to our customers’ personal data therefore for a number of our roles, offers of employment are subject to a satisfactory criminal record check. Having a criminal record will not necessarily prevent an individual from obtaining a position with N Brown Group.