At N Brown Group, merchandising means having the right stock, in the right place at the right time. Our team is responsible for providing insightful information to our Buying and Merchandising colleagues to improve the decision-making process and ultimately lead to better performance. This is done by producing statistical analysis that will drive the shape of our product ranges. Our Merchandisers continually make decisions; they decide how many items to buy, place orders with suppliers and progress orders to meet agreed delivery dates. They react to trends in sales and other variables, to effectively trade the stock throughout the season and will monitor progress regularly to provide accurate reporting information to the business.
- Maintenance/production of weekly and seasonal management packs.
- Developing your knowledge of the wider business and the function of the Buying & Merchandising area.
- Communicating with internal customers at all levels, defining and explaining complex requirements and insights concisely.
- Gain an understanding of existing business standard KPI’s and report on performance vs forecasts at all levels.
- Ensuring that new MI is accurate, timely and able to be used as an effective decisionmaking tool.
- Analysing data and presenting it back in an insightful way.
- Interrogate data to identify trends and interpret information from analytics, preparing and presenting the outcomes and findings.
Working here you’ll explore everything the world of digital retail has to offer — asking questions, trying new things and chasing new opportunities. Combine this curiosity with the freedom to make your own decisions, take charge of projects and work flexibly, and you’ve got the perfect place to show your skills and learn new ones. It’s fast and furious here at times, but this just means something new and exciting is always on the way. So, if you collaborate, think on your feet, embrace innovation and love rising to a challenge, your work with us will have a serious impact on the business, your career and our customers’ lives. We are proud to be N Brown.
What we’re looking for:
We’re looking for current students on a business-related degree level (or equivalent) course who are able to commit to a full-time placement of 12 months.
You’ll be a confident user of Microsoft Office, ideally with some previous experience working with MS Excel to create reports and tables. You’ll be highly analytical and be comfortable processing complex numerical information to highlight trends or issues and recommend appropriate actions. We’re also looking for excellent written and verbal communication skills and attention to detail, along with the ability to manage and prioritise a busy workload.
How to apply:
If you meet the criteria above and you’re considering a career in head office Merchandising then we want to hear from you! To apply please upload your up-to-date CV, and your answers to the following questions (no more than 300 words please).
- Why do you want a career in Merchandising Operations with N Brown?
- What skills and qualities will you bring to the team?
Please note: you will only be able to upload one document on your application. Your answers to the questions above should be attached as the 1st page on your CV.
- Applications will be open from Monday 5th October 2020 and will close Wednesday 11th November 2020.
- If your application is successful, then you will be invited to an assessment centre (virtual). The assessment centre will be running on between mid-November 2020 to early December 2020. Following this you will be notified of the outcome within 2 weeks.
Employees in our business may have access to our customers’ personal data therefore for a number of our roles, offers of employment are subject to a satisfactory criminal record check. Having a criminal record will not necessarily prevent an individual from obtaining a position with N Brown Group.