N Brown’s Product Innovation and Digital Fit team are at the heart of our business. They create products that inspire and fulfil our customers’ needs and wishes. Within our team you will research and innovate, contribute to product development from concept to consumer, acquire fit and technical expertise, drive improvement through customer analysis and liaise with our suppliers to maintain quality and testing standards across our ranges.
You will experience our different brands and develop an in depth understanding of our different customer demographics; providing excellent commercial awareness whilst immersing yourself within all aspects of the product cycle and projects throughout your placement. You will also be an integral part of a team responsible for Product Innovation, Fit and Development whilst building your experience in Apparel, Footwear & Home products within a head office environment.
- Conducting research on competitors, fit, function and technologies and provide high quality reports.
- Researching and developing technical innovations in line with departmental objectives.
- Working closely with Design and Buying teams to review and improve fabrications, finish, fit, style and end purpose for new products.
- Creating technical specifications and ensuring products are appropriate for size, fit and age.
- Managing and maintaining the Product Development critical path.
- Booking, measuring and assessing approval samples in preparation for fitting & function testing.
- Attending virtual and physical fitting sessions with colleagues to analyse fit and function, compiling comments/solutions.
- Creation of accurate and comprehensive sample comments.
- Identification of product testing and evaluation of test and compliance reports.
- Analysis of customer reviews and returns data to drive continuous improvements.
- Liaising with the warehouse, partnerships and customer communications teams.
- Completion of projects focusing on Innovation & Technology.
Working here you’ll explore everything the world of digital retail has to offer — asking questions, trying new things and chasing new opportunities. Combine this curiosity with the freedom to make your own decisions, take charge of projects and work flexibly, and you’ve got the perfect place to show your skills and learn new ones. It’s fast and furious here at times, but this just means something new and exciting is always on the way. So, if you collaborate, think on your feet, embrace innovation and love rising to a challenge, your work with us will have a serious impact on the business, your career and our customers’ lives. We are proud to be N Brown.
What we’re looking for:
We’re looking for proactive students with a genuine enthusiasm to innovate and develop fashion product within Apparel, Footwear & Home, an understanding of technical practices such as construction, fit, function and quality along with an interest in product testing, safety standards and business responsibility. You should be a confident user of Microsoft Office, particularly MS Excel, as you’ll develop research and analytical skills to drive forward product improvements.
Excellent communication and organisation and teamworking skills are essential as you’ll need to prioritise your workload throughout the placement. You’ll also need commercial awareness and a good understanding of our customers and leading competitors.
How to apply:
Please upload your up-to-date CV, and your answers to the following questions (no more than 300 words please).
- Why do you want the placement in Product Innovation and Digital Fit with N Brown?
- What skills and qualities will you bring to the team?
Please note: you will only be able to upload one document on your application. Your answer to the questions above should be included as the 1st page on your CV.
- Applications will be open from Monday 5th October 2020 and will close Wednesday 11th November 2020.
- If your application is successful, then you will be invited to an assessment centre (virtual). The assessment centre will be running on between mid-November 2020 to early December 2020. Following this you will be notified of the outcome within 2 weeks.
Employees in our business may have access to our customers’ personal data therefore for a number of our roles, offers of employment are subject to a satisfactory criminal record check. Having a criminal record will not necessarily prevent an individual from obtaining a position with N Brown Group.