As a Delivery Manager, you will work as part of a squad to enable successful delivery of a set of technology products / services or transformation within a complex technology portfolio and drive delivery for them. As an experienced Project Manager, you will be a master of delivering complex digital projects, breaking down barriers for your team and both planning at a higher level and getting into the detail to make things happen when needed.
We’re looking for an Agile Delivery Manager with an understanding of Digital and Cloud technologies with the attitude and aptitude to learn a new technology area/domain quickly. You will take ownership, responsiveness and commitment towards assigned work, welcoming ambiguity and comfortable with flexibility and changing priorities.
Your role as an Agile Delivery Lead:
- Creating great Agile working environments to enable delivery of value early and incrementally
- Facilitate daily squad stand-up meetings and other squad ceremonies, facilitating the planning and refinement meetings, retrospectives and ensure that user stories are translated into actionable tasks for team to work on during the current sprint
- Working with squads to facilitate and enable effective delivery of change and service capability
- Accountable for complex technology delivery involving multiple internal / external stakeholders, and drive the communication and visualisation of progress / transparency / visibility of technology delivery
- Proactively manage part of the technology delivery portfolio and the cross functional internal / external coordination of work and dependencies
- Ensure effective squad and cross squad co-ordination of work for successful delivery
- Create transparency and predictability across your teams using appropriate tool and metrics including story mapping, roadmaps, sprint plans, burn down charts, cycle times, value stream maps and release plans
- Handle conflicting priorities well, communicate clearly and understand how to drive a high level of focus and excellence with a strong, talented and opinionated team
- Identify and remove impediments faced by the team by working with the delivery team and other stakeholders and proactively manage any risks/ delays in the commitments
- Collaborate with Product Managers / Technical Leads / Developers and Testers to understand future demand and direction
- Continually improving the ways of working and encouraging the team to be self-organising
- Ensure appropriate documentation and reporting is in place to gain commitment and prioritisation
- Share your knowledge with other Delivery Managers to enable them to reflect, learn and then apply this learning within their teams
- Building a trusting and safe environment where problems can be raised without fear of blame, retribution, or being judged, with an emphasis of healing and problem solving
What experience are we looking for in an Agile Project Manager?
· The successful candidate for this role will become a member of our Cloud and Platform squad, so prior experience or detailed technical understanding in this space is highly desirable, in particular:
· Having worked in delivering projects and initiatives in a cloud environment, preferably AWS, or MS Azure/Google Cloud Platform, or having completed cloud practitioner certification
· Cloud environments and infrastructure experience and understanding would be highly advantageous
· Have proven success in delivery of a set of technology products / services or transformation within a complex technology portfolio
· Knowledge of Agile, Lean, and Waterfall methods with proven aptitude to employing these in a pragmatic way with teams.
· Technology, digital or e-commerce project and change experience in either industry or consulting/agency environment
· Proven experience using a range of agile project management methods
· Stakeholder management
· Experience in matrix-managing multi-disciplinary teams
· Openly welcomes opinions on how they or their team can achieve better results
· Strong interpersonal skills and a team player who could work collaboratively with other members of the team
· Strong decision making and prioritisation skills, especially when multiple trade-offs are involved, and faster decision are required
As a Delivery Manager at N Brown you will receive a competitive salary of up to £50,000 per annum (DOE) plus pension scheme, life assurance, 24 days holiday plus bank holidays, in addition to taking advantage of a holiday purchase scheme! You will benefit from our flexible working hours and fantastic location based in the heart of the northern quarter, Manchester. You will receive fantastic employee discount on our products, a discounted share purchase scheme and access to our Employee Assistance Programme and much more!
We are proud to be N Brown.