Here at N Brown we are looking to recruit a Solution Architect! This specific role is aligned with our colleagues in the Product area which incorporates Buying and Merchandising, Product Data, Product Operations and Logistics/Supply Chain. Collectively, these squads strive to ensure we have stable and consistent product foundations and logistics operations, to provide an efficient, flexible and competitive customer experience.
The Solution Architect plays a key role, driving technology direction and outcomes within the Product tribe and associated squads, whilst also ensuring recommendations are aligned with the wider N Brown business and technology strategy. You will be a trusted advisor to several stakeholders, including our product owner community and corresponding technical teams, but also to the wider IT and Business leadership teams. Building and maintaining those key relationships is as important a part of the role as the more technical aspects.
Ultimately you will be responsible for the creation of quality designs that are in line with overall strategy, but also to ensure that such designs are understandable, implementable and can be supported in a sustainable way.
Your role as Solution Architect:
- Responsibility for solution designs and creation of architectural artefacts to help support business initiatives within the Product Tribe and corresponding squads.
- Supporting the Product Owner and other key team members in the interpretation of requirements and user stories into meaningful design
- Solution governance and quality assurance, including proactive contribution to Technology Design Authority and the reduction of squad technical debt
- Providing solutions for a wide range of technologies
- Working in an agile environment to a squad model, whilst also having the flexibility to work in alternative methods as and when needed.
- Support the squads/team with the development of new work, ensuring that solutions are delivered in a timely manner
- Supporting Enterprise Architecture definition and maintenance of the architecture roadmap, providing input into strategic technology direction.
- Provide estimates and timings to Delivery Managers and Product Owners for the creation and support of architectural artefacts.
- To contribute to the ongoing review and continual improvement of the way we do architecture and maintain architecture standards.
- To manage contribution to the development of standards, patterns and principles for architecture to ensure a consistency.
- To monitor and keep abreast of industry best practice, standards and methods with regard to current and potential future architectures.
What are we looking for in a Product Architect?
- Proven experience in an architecture or similar lead technology role within a Product/Retail environment
- Understanding of the end to product process with a focus on E-Commerce
- Some experience of the transition from legacy architectures to more modern – particularly in PIM
- The ability to identify opportunities and lead others through organisational and technology change
- Ability to work with imperfect information in a fast-paced retail environment, whilst still maintaining high standard, evidenced designs and documentation
- Team player with the ability and tolerance to work with and influence a wide range of technical and business stakeholders
- Can demonstrate an innovative, dynamic and creative approach to problem-solving, whilst also balancing cutting edge design against the need to reduce technical debt.
- Ability to work at all levels of design conceptually, logically and physically when required
- Ability to manage and influence a wide range of key stakeholders
- Able to assist in the definition of roadmaps to evolve the technology landscape, at both tribe and enterprise levels.
- Experience of using AWS (Desirable)
- Experience of PIM technologies (Desirable)
- Understanding of micro services and managing their inter dependencies (Desirable)
- Experience in Retail and/or Financial Services, ability to work in a fast paced, dynamic and ever evolving environment (Desirable)
What’s in it for you?
As Solution Architect at N Brown you will receive a competitive salary of up to £63,000 per annum (DOE) plus bonus, pension scheme, life assurance, 24 days holiday plus bank holidays, in addition to taking advantage of a holiday purchase scheme! You will benefit from our flexible working hours and fantastic location based in the heart of the northern quarter, Manchester. You will receive fantastic employee discount on our products, a discounted share purchase scheme and access to our Employee Assistance Programme and much more!
We are proud to be N Brown.