Here at N Brown we are looking for a Solution Architect who will align to our Retail and Commerce tribes. The Architecture team at N Brown is an interesting and dynamic place to work, helping to shape and guide the right architectural and technology outcomes for N Brown. In the role of Retail and Commerce Architect, you will be responsible for the creation of quality designs that are in line with overall strategy, but also to ensure that such designs are understandable, implementable and can be supported in a sustainable way.
This specific role aligns to our Retail and Commerce tribe which incorporates, payments, orders, promotions and shopping cart capabilities. The tribe ensures that stable and performant services are delivered and can leveraged by channel applications, ensuring a smooth and enjoyable customer experience.
The Retail and Commerce Architect is expected to be a trusted advisor to several stakeholders, including our product owner community and corresponding technical teams, but also to the wider IT and Business leadership teams. Building and maintaining those key relationships is as important a part of the role as the more technical aspects.
As an Architect here at N Brown you will:
- Responsibility for solution designs and creation of architectural artefacts to help support business initiatives within the Retail and Commerce squads.
- Supporting the Product Owner and other key team members in the interpretation of requirements and user stories into meaningful design
- Solution governance and quality assurance, including proactive contribution to Technology Design Authority and the reduction of squad technical debt
- Providing solutions for a wide range of technologies
- Working in an agile environment to a squad model, whilst also having the flexibility to work in alternative methods as and when needed.
- Support the squads/team with the development of new work, ensuring that solutions are delivered in a timely manner
- Supporting Enterprise Architecture definition and maintenance of the architecture roadmap, providing input into strategic technology direction.
- Provide estimates and timings to Delivery Managers and Product Owners for the creation and support of architectural artefacts.
- To contribute to the ongoing review and continual improvement of the way we do architecture and maintain architecture standards.
- To manage contribution to the development of standards, patterns and principles for architecture to ensure a consistency.
- To monitor and keep abreast of industry best practice, standards and methods regarding current and potential future architectures.
What experience and skills are we looking for?
- Proven experience in an architecture or similar lead technology role within the retail and commerce space
- The ability to identify opportunities and lead others through organisational and technology change
- Ability to work with imperfect information in a fast-paced retail environment, whilst still maintaining high standard, evidenced designs and documentation
- Team player with the ability and tolerance to work with and influence a wide range of technical and business stakeholders
- Can demonstrate an innovative, dynamic and creative approach to problem-solving, whilst also balancing cutting edge design against the need to reduce technical debt.
- Ability to work at all levels of design conceptually, logically and physically when required
- Ability to manage and influence a wide range of key stakeholders
- Able to assist in the definition of roadmaps to evolve the technology landscape, at both tribe and enterprise levels.
- Experience of using AWS (desirable)
- Experience of designing micro services and managing their inter dependencies (desirable)
- Experience or knowledge of eventing/pub sub and streaming techniques (desirable)
- Experience of E-Commerce and the supporting service functions that this requires (desirable)
- Experience in Retail and/or Financial Services, ability to work in a fast paced, dynamic and ever evolving environment (desirable)
About N Brown
Working here you’ll explore everything the world of digital retail has to offer — asking questions, trying new things and chasing new opportunities. Combine this curiosity with the freedom to make your own decisions, take charge of projects and work flexibly, and you’ve got the perfect place to show your skills and learn new ones. It’s fast and furious here at times, but this just means something new and exciting is always on the way. So, if you collaborate, think on your feet, embrace innovation and love rising to a challenge, your work with us will have a serious impact on the business, your career and our customers’ lives.
What’s in it for you?
As Solution Architect at N Brown you will receive a competitive salary of up to £63,000 per annum (DOE) plus bonus, pension scheme, life assurance, 24 days holiday plus bank holidays, in addition to taking advantage of a holiday purchase scheme! You will benefit from our flexible working hours and fantastic location based in the heart of the northern quarter, Manchester. You will receive fantastic employee discount on our products, a discounted share purchase scheme and access to our Employee Assistance Programme and much more!
We are proud to be N Brown.