It’s fast and furious here at times, but this just means something new and exciting is always on the way. So, if you collaborate, think on your feet, embrace innovation and love rising to a challenge, then our role may be for you. Working with us will have a serious impact on the business, your career and our customers’ lives; you’ll understand why we’re proud to be N Brown.
As our Colleague Experience Lead, you will be responsible for helping to deliver the cultural, learning and engagement needs of the organisation. Using numerous internal and external channels and approaches you’ll create a meaningful and engaging colleague experience that positively impacts individuals and the organisation as a whole. You’ll bring our employer brand to life by leading on innovative and considered campaigns and events.
Additional responsibilities include:
- Developing and executing communications across internal and external platforms that engage, amuse and inspire colleagues to bring their best selves to work
- Ensuring all content is delivered in the appropriate brand tone of voice and aligned to our strategic priorities and corporate Values
- Designing approaches to both engagement and communication which provide an employee voice, ensuring regular feedback to the senior leadership team and focus groups
- Create targeted and proactive activities for Wellbeing and Diversity and Inclusion in the organisation, working closely with the wider People Team to take forward initiatives
- Own the development and coordination of colleague events that inspire our team, celebrate wins and drive positive engagement, reflecting our company values.
- Contribute to the delivery of team development, behavioural development, essential skills and coaching and mentoring programmes
- Delivering on all logistics and planning tasks needed to support the delivery of campaigns and events
- Working with internal stakeholders to generate content and create narratives
- Daily maintenance and responsibility of the careers social media channels including LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook and Instagram, ensuring great content and timely responses to user feedback
- Working with our internal creative team to generate content develop content & assets for digital campaigns
- Using key metrics to inform, evaluate and improve all activity
- A competitive salary of up to £30,000
- Company pension with up to 6% N Brown contribution
- Life Assurance and Private Medical Insurance
- Annual bonus scheme
- Incredible colleague discount across all our N Brown Group brands (Simply Be, Jacamo, JD Williams, Fashion World, Marisota, Ambrose Wilson to name a few).
- Local restaurant discounts across Manchester’s Northern Quarter
- 24 days annual leave (plus 8 bank holidays) with the option to buy an additional 10 over the year
- Flexible working, as well as staggered start times, we know these are different times and have embraced them to ensure our staff are supported.
- A Manchester City Centre office base with parking (subject to availability), socially distanced workstations and sanitizing stations around the business
- Great tech to enable you to not only make doing your job easy but to also allow you to work from anywhere with a great WIFI connection
- Onsite café at great subsidised rates
What we’re looking for:
We are looking for an ambitious and disciplined self-starter who is bursting to flex their creative talents. The ideal candidate will show a love of storytelling and the ability to engage people using compelling and innovative content, across a range of communications channels.
- Relevant experience as a colleague engagement and learning specialist
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to influence stakeholders at all levels
- Proven experience of social media and digital content production and distribution
- Passion for creativity and storytelling
- Strong writing skills and an eye for detail
- A strong sense of teamwork
- Excellent organisational and planning skills
Who are we:
Here at N Brown we serve our customers through distinct brands; we are experienced, gained from over 160 years of trading; Inclusive as we believe in fashion without boundaries; sustainable as we strive to make as little impact on the planet and focused on the future as we are ALWAYS looking for ways to develop our business and serve our customers better.
Have a question about the role? You can contact the Talent Acquisition Team at Careers
The recruitment for this role is being managed by Hannah Durkin in our Recruitment Team and the hiring manager for the role is Camilla Duncan; check out their LinkedIn Profile.
Employees in our business may have access to our customers’ personal data therefore for a number of our roles, offers of employment are subject to a satisfactory criminal record check; having a criminal record will not necessarily prevent an individual from obtaining a position with JD Williams.