It’s fast and furious here at times, but this just means something new and exciting is always on the way. So, if you collaborate, think on your feet, embrace innovation and love rising to a challenge, then our role may be for you. Working with us will have a serious impact on the business, your career and our customers’ lives; you’ll understand why we’re proud to be N Brown.
As our Internal Communications and Engagement Lead, you will be pivotal in delivering a meaningful and engaging colleague experience that amazes, amuses and surprises our colleagues, enabling them to bring their best selves to work every day. You will be responsible for planning and executing a variety of initiatives, events and communications across all parts of the business, using a variety of channels.
Working as part of the People Team, the role is truly at the heart of the organisation, championing our colleague proposition and positively impacting individuals and the organisation as a whole.
Additional responsibilities include:
- Developing and delivering accurate, fresh and inspiring communications across internal and external platforms and channels
- Owning the development and coordination of colleague events that excite and inspire our team, celebrate wins, create connection and drive engagement
- Ensuring that all approaches to engagement and communication are delivered in the appropriate brand tone of voice and aligned to our strategic priorities and corporate Values
- Taking a journalistic approach to seeking out stories, generating content and creating narratives
- Creating targeted, proactive and innovative activities for Wellbeing and Diversity and Inclusion, working closely with the wider People Team to take forward initiatives
- Taking a multi-disciplinary approach to embedding change, inclusive of of learning activities such as the delivery of team development, behavioural development and coaching and mentoring programmes
- Constantly creating opportunities to enable employee voice and dialogue, ensuring regular feedback to the senior leadership team and focus groups
- Creating frequent and innovative social media content across multiple platforms including LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook and Instagram, ensuring timely responses to user feedback
- Working with our internal creative team to generate content & assets for digital campaigns
- Liaise with employees, from Advisors through to the CEO, gathering feedback in order to optimise maximum success of engagement practices, using various methodologies.
- Evaluating and measuring the effectiveness of internal and external campaigns, communications and activities.
- Innovating best practice, investigating the best tools and mechanisms that measure, evaluate and give strong insight into colleague engagement
What we’re looking for:
We are looking for an ambitious and disciplined self-starter who is bursting to flex their creative talents. The ideal candidate will show a love of storytelling and the ability to engage people using compelling and innovative content, across a range of communications channels.
- Relevant experience as a colleague engagement and learning specialist
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- A passionate, enthusiastic, energetic individual who can inspire, motivate and engage others.
- A creative thinker
- Confident to deliver inspiring messages to groups
- Ability to influence stakeholders at all levels
- Proven experience of social media and digital content production and distribution
- Strong writing skills and an eye for detail
- Excellent organisational and planning skills
- Exceptional team working and collaborative style
- A proven track record of inspiring coordinating communications and engagement initiatives.
- The ability to develop relationships with partner organisations and other external bodies
- of employer branding and packaging of materials
- A good knowledge of digital and print-based marketing material
- The ability to think spontaneously and respond positively to pressure
- A competitive salary plus benefits
- Company pension with up to 6% N Brown contribution
- Life Assurance and Private Medical Insurance
- Annual bonus scheme
- Incredible colleague discount across all our N Brown Group brands (Simply Be, Jacamo, JD Williams, Fashion World, Marisota, Ambrose Wilson to name a few).
- Local restaurant discounts across Manchester’s Northern Quarter
- 24 days annual leave (plus 8 bank holidays) with the option to buy an additional 10 over the year
- Flexible working, as well as staggered start times, we know these are different times and have embraced them to ensure our staff are supported.
- A Manchester City Centre office base with parking (subject to availability), socially distanced workstations and sanitizing stations around the business
- Great tech to enable you to not only make doing your job easy but to also allow you to work from anywhere with a great WIFI connection
- Onsite café at great subsidised rates
Who are we:
Here at N Brown we serve our customers through distinct brands; we are experienced, gained from over 160 years of trading; Inclusive as we believe in fashion without boundaries; sustainable as we strive to make as little impact on the planet and focused on the future as we are ALWAYS looking for ways to develop our business and serve our customers better.
Have a question about the role? You can contact the Talent Acquisition Team at Careers
The recruitment for this role is being managed by Hannah Durkin in our Recruitment Team and the hiring manager for the role is Camilla Duncan; check out their LinkedIn Profile.
Employees in our business may have access to our customers’ personal data therefore for a number of our roles, offers of employment are subject to a satisfactory criminal record check; having a criminal record will not necessarily prevent an individual from obtaining a position with JD Williams.