Data is at the heart of everything N Brown does, and the Data Division works across the business to find ways to turn data-derived insights into positive outcomes for people shopping with us. Our mission is to find customers who are perfect for our brands, uncover the products and propositions which are perfect for them and ultimately make our customers look and feel amazing! The N Brown Data Science team is one of the best in the country and we are building modern infrastructure to support the work of Data Science and Analytics in all of our departments. At this time we are looking to expand by bringing in an experienced Machine Learning Engineer to help us succeed.
About the role:
As a Machine Learning Engineer, you will be a technical expert within the Data Science team, designing, building and deploying ML products which help N Brown to delight our customers.
You will be given opportunity to demonstrate and improve your leadership credentials, supporting junior members of the team whilst accelerating the development of our exciting ML products including Dynamic Pricing Models, Customer Lifetime Value and Uplift Estimation.
As a Machine Learning Engineer you will:
- Lead technically across Data Science projects, encouraging efficient machine learning development and paving the way to production. You will lead Peer Review discussions and be the gatekeeper of good code.
- Be a key member of the team responsible for developing, testing and monitoring our Data Science products, ensuring durability, availability and reproducibility. You will build frameworks which enable rapid deployment, producing value quickly from Data Science.
- Set and maintain software development standards (in SQL and Python) across the team.
- Maintain and troubleshoot the Data Science team’s working environment (Athena, S3, SageMaker, IAM) rapidly responding to problems in order to ensure the team have the tools to do their job.
- Be a key contributor in the planning and direction of Data Science projects.
- Collaborate with teams across IT and beyond to maintain our data sources and provide the best results for our customers. You will be highly aligned with Data Engineering squads, trained in their best practices.
- Drive innovation in the Data Science team, ensuring we are prepared for the future and taking advantage of cutting-edge techniques and technologies.
What you’ll need to succeed:
- Excellent Python and SQL skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Good commercial grounding in applying ML models and experience of what it takes to deploy models efficiently.
- Hands-on experience with databases, containerisation, and cloud environments such as AWS or GCP.
- Practical knowledge of handling varied types of data, and experience in using it to produce value for the business.
- Knowledge of workflow orchestration tools such as Airflow.
- A solid understanding of the software development life cycle and the product end-to-end, including deployment.
- Experience of working with Data Lake/Data Warehouses and associated technologies.
- Knowledge of AWS SageMaker, S3, Athena, and associated AWS services, or equivalent.
- Knowledge of Information Security principles.
- Understanding of ML frameworks and algorithms such as Tensorflow and Scikit Learn.
Working at N Brown you’ll explore everything the world of digital retail has to offer by asking questions, trying new things and chasing opportunities. Combine this curiosity with the freedom to make your own choices, take charge of projects and work flexibly, and you’ve got the perfect place to showcase your skills and learn new ones.
A digital retailer will be fast-paced at times, but this just means something new and exciting is always on the way. So, if you can collaborate, think on your feet, embrace innovation and love working together for a common goal, you could have a serious impact on the business, your career and our customers’ lives.
We’re looking for people with a passion for what they do, pride in the brand they work for and the the curiosity to uncover new and exciting insights. If you feel your experience and attitude match what we’re looking for then we’d love to hear from you.
Employees in our business may have access to our customers’ personal data therefore for a number of our roles, offers of employment are subject to a satisfactory criminal record check. Having a criminal record will not necessarily prevent an individual from obtaining a position with N Brown.