We’re looking for a skilled Front-End Developer to join our engineering team here at N Brown! We’re on a mission to create an incredible user experience for our customers, across our portfolio of websites. We’re doing that by completely rebuilding our platform from scratch, with a modern tech stack of NextJS, React and AWS, which will provide us with development superpowers.
We’re looking for Front End Developers to help us wield those powers; people with great technical acumen, who love to collaborate and who’ll bring enthusiasm, energy and fun to drive both N Brown’s product teams and Front-End community forward.
- Developing new user-facing features using React, Node and Next to help us solve real customer problems
- Collaborating with UX, Test, Product and other members of our tech community throughout the whole software development lifecycle
- Building reusable components and front-end libraries for our design system to use across our websites
- Translating designs and wireframes into high quality, performant and accessible code
- Testing components and logic to be robust and battle ready through a hierarchy of tests
- Optimizing components for maximum performance across a vast array of web-capable devices and browsers
- Keeping our Front End standards and conventions adhered to across our product teams as we continue to grow and scale as an organisation
- Helping us continually improve our technical practices, developer experience and ways of working
What are we looking out for?
- Thorough understanding of React, its core principles and best practices
- Experience with application state management, Redux is particularly advantageous
- Experience in design patterns for writing readable, scalable and maintainable code
- Knowledge and experience in the NodeJs eco system of build and development tools
- Experience with NextJs and its core conventions and features is advantageous (SSR, routing, API, code splitting etc.)
- An understanding of Test-Driven Development principles and how to iteratively and methodically break down a problem through small, testable steps
- Experience of front-end development using Headless services is advantageous
- Experience working in an environment that promotes Agile behaviours
- Experience with user interface design and an appreciation and consideration for the user experience
- Experience of automated functional testing using Cypress or similar
- Knowledge of performance benchmarking and usability testing using Lighthouse
- Experience of automated CI/CD pipelines using GitlabCI or similar
- Experience with browser-based debugging and performance testing software
- Excellent troubleshooting skills
What’s in it for you?
As a Front End Developer here at N Brown you will receive a competitive salary of up to £55,000 per annum (DOE) plus pension scheme, life assurance, 24 days holiday plus bank holidays, in addition to taking advantage of a holiday purchase scheme! You will benefit from our flexible working hours and fantastic location based in the heart of the northern quarter, Manchester. You will receive fantastic employee discount on our products, a discounted share purchase scheme and access to our Employee Assistance Programme and much more!