Here at N Brown we’re looking for a Cyber Security Engineer to join our IT Security, Risk and Shared Services team!
As a Cyber Security Engineer, you will be a technical SME in the InfoSec squad. You should have the technical capability to implement, refine and iterate our detection technologies. You must display a proficient knowledge of technical security standards, an in depth understanding of industry best practice for system configurations and a solid understanding of exploitable vulnerabilities within an enterprise technology stack. You will work across all facets of the technology division, consulting on technology projects ensuring security is basked in as far left as possible and proactively identifying vulnerabilities first.
Your role as Cyber Security Engineer:
- Security specialist who firmly understands the security aspects in the overall end to end design of technology systems
- Iteratively develops and improves the overall effectiveness of the cyber security detection controls and response function
- To perform compliance checks for verification. The security engineer shall lead a penetration testing schedule on our E-Commerce sites & applications. The role would also be responsible for reporting these findings to the Head of IT Security & Risk to subsequently lead with a remediation program.
- Supporting the operational aspect of the cyber team, the individual will play a leading role in operational triage and analysis of identified incidents & anomalies, coaching the junior and less experienced members of the operational team up to a more technically proficient standard.
- Have a rounded awareness of security technologies to influence InfoSec delivery road map. Understand & research trending or applicable vulnerabilities directly effecting our tech stack and business.
- Consult across the business on specific technical security areas for wider programs of work.
What experience are we looking for?
- MITRE ATT&CK framework
- NIST framework
- PEN testing / offensive security
What’s in it for you?
Working here you’ll explore everything the world of digital retail has to offer — asking questions, trying new things and chasing new opportunities. Combine this curiosity with the freedom to make your own decisions, take charge of projects and work flexibly, and you’ve got the perfect place to show your skills and learn new ones. It’s fast and furious here at times, but this just means something new and exciting is always on the way. So, if you collaborate, think on your feet, embrace innovation and love rising to a challenge, your work with us will have a serious impact on the business, your career and our customers’ lives.
As Cyber Security Engineer at N Brown you will receive a competitive salary of up to £45,000 per annum (DOE) plus bonus, pension scheme, life assurance, 24 days holiday plus bank holidays, in addition to taking advantage of a holiday purchase scheme! You will benefit from our flexible working hours and fantastic location based in the heart of the northern quarter, Manchester. You will receive fantastic employee discount on our products, a discounted share purchase scheme and access to our Employee Assistance Programme and much more!
We are proud to be N Brown.