Here at N Brown we’re looking for an Asset and Configuration Manager to join our IT Security, Risk and Shared Services team!
In this role you will be accountable and responsible for defining and managing the Service Asset and Configuration Management policy and processes ensuring integration with the other IT Service Management processes such as Incident, Problem, Change and Release Management.
This role will enable IT management to exercise control of IT configuration items and assets ensuring that up-to-date and verified information on the status of service assets and IT infrastructure is made available to other IT service management processes. In addition, this role working in partnership with IT Service & Operations defines and develops the organisations IT Configuration Plan including setting up an automated Configuration Management Database, IT Asset database and associated process and controls.
In your role as Asset and Configuration Manager you will:
- Accountable for the creation of the Configuration & Asset Management operation including strategy, people, process/policy and tools from initial green field stand up to Operationalise through to Continual Improvement taking into account functional and non-functional requirements and phasing the implementation of the plan using a prioritisation framework.
- The creation, implementation and communication of the service asset management policy and standards.
- Agreeing assets to be uniquely identified with naming conventions and ensures that all IT personnel comply with identification standards for object types, environments, processes, lifecycles, documentation, versions, formats, baselines, releases and templates
- In partnership with IT Service & Operations plan and execute the population of the asset register and configuration management database
- Reviewing the Asset and Configuration Management processes on a regular basis for efficiency and effectiveness ensuring any agreed changes to the processes are properly approved and communicated
- Coordinate all configuration management database changes which directly or indirectly impact nonproduction environments or production services according to the agreed and published Change Control policy
- Responsible for the configuration management policy and process and championing configuration management across the organisation including IT change delivery & 3rd parties
- To identify, control, record, report, audit and verify configuration items, including versions, baselines, constituent components, their attributes and relationships.
What experience and skills are we looking for?
- Relevant IT technical field and service management experience
- Experience in leading in Asset and Configuration Management in a challenging environment.
- Experience and strong subject matter expertise with IT Service Management processes including Configuration, Change, Incident, Problem and Release Management.
- Specialized knowledge of defining, documenting and implementing Asset Management and Configuration Management processes for both hardware and software CIs.
- Well-versed on ITIL Service Lifecycle Management Processes - ITIL v3/4 certification.
- Experience with IT Service Management toolsets (e.g. Service Now, Microsoft SCCM)
- Current experience of assets and CMDB models and methodology.
- Understanding of Service organisations and the impact of deployment on CMDB.
What’s in it for you?
Working here you’ll explore everything the world of digital retail has to offer — asking questions, trying new things and chasing new opportunities. Combine this curiosity with the freedom to make your own decisions, take charge of projects and work flexibly, and you’ve got the perfect place to show your skills and learn new ones. It’s fast and furious here at times, but this just means something new and exciting is always on the way. So, if you collaborate, think on your feet, embrace innovation and love rising to a challenge, your work with us will have a serious impact on the business, your career and our customers’ lives.
As Asset and Configuration Manager at N Brown you will receive a competitive salary of up to £50,000 per annum (DOE) plus bonus, pension scheme, life assurance, 24 days holiday plus bank holidays, in addition to taking advantage of a holiday purchase scheme! You will benefit from our flexible working hours and fantastic location based in the heart of the northern quarter, Manchester. You will receive fantastic employee discount on our products, a discounted share purchase scheme and access to our Employee Assistance Programme and much more!
We are proud to be N Brown.