Here at N Brown we’re looking for a Technology Business Continuity Manager to join our IT Security, Risk and Shared Services team!
In the role of Business Continuity Manager, you will be responsible for developing, maintaining and testing the Company's business continuity and DR program. You will support all business plan activities necessary to enable the organisation to manage a crisis event as well as meet compliance requirements for BCP planning. The position's primary goals will be to identify, document and test business needs against the Company infrastructure and identify recovery strategies and gaps.
In your role as Business Continuity Manager you will:
- Liaise with BCP Coordinators to develop effective working relationships and documented BCP plans
- Liaise with key infrastructure teams to identify gaps, set recovery time objectives and convey business needs/expectations.
- Hold business plans to Enterprise BCP goals and challenge business leaders on identification of critical functions and needs.
- Design and outline BCP goals, objectives and scope for business plans and Crisis Management
- Report to the Crisis Management Steering Committee Meeting and define on-going goals, objectives and initiatives
- Support in aligning all BCP planning, initiatives and goals with Organizational goals and Infrastructure capabilities
- Identify and make recommendations for change and adaptation to meet the needs of the business
- Direct and supervise plan maintenance processes and execution
- Execute on the plan as it pertains to website and communication tool requirements during a crisis
- Identify and recommend enhanced plan maintenance strategies that remain flexible to organizational growth, change and resource capabilities.
- Design and facilitate tests and exercises on the business plans and crisis management execution
- Facilitate and support the execution of the plans at the time of a crisis event.
- Lead and Facilitate execution of the plan and support plan navigation for the business at the time of an event
- Support Crisis Management Committee with critical components of the plan in order that they can make critical decisions
- Provide visibility and reporting to the Crisis Management Committee on the critical functions, individuals and infrastructure within the business plans.
What experience are we looking for?
- Certified Continuity Planner
- 5+ years managing business continuity within an organization
- Knowledge of technology and business concepts, life cycles and processes
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Self-starter with the ability to work with a great degree of autonomy
What’s in it for you?
Working here you’ll explore everything the world of digital retail has to offer — asking questions, trying new things and chasing new opportunities. Combine this curiosity with the freedom to make your own decisions, take charge of projects and work flexibly, and you’ve got the perfect place to show your skills and learn new ones. It’s fast and furious here at times, but this just means something new and exciting is always on the way. So, if you collaborate, think on your feet, embrace innovation and love rising to a challenge, your work with us will have a serious impact on the business, your career and our customers’ lives.
As Technology Business Continuity Manager at N Brown you will receive a competitive salary of up to £50,000 per annum (DOE) plus bonus, pension scheme, life assurance, 24 days holiday plus bank holidays, in addition to taking advantage of a holiday purchase scheme! You will benefit from our flexible working hours and fantastic location based in the heart of the northern quarter, Manchester. You will receive fantastic employee discount on our products, a discounted share purchase scheme and access to our Employee Assistance Programme and much more!
We are proud to be N Brown.