Here at N Brown, we champion inclusivity by making our customers look and feel amazing. We don’t believe that age, size, shape or background should stop anyone from feeling confident, stylish and happy with the way they look and feel. With our industry leading expertise in creating fashion that fits, we’ve been proudly breaking down these barriers for over 150 years. We help our customers to express themselves with stylish products, helpful services and flexible finance. Now, we’re moving forward together, embracing innovation and new technology, to continue to delight our customers. You will be part of a team who have a strong strategy to grow beauty and are passionate about offering real beauty for the real woman in an inspiring way.
Working here you’ll explore everything the world of digital retail has to offer — asking questions, trying new things and chasing new opportunities. Combine this curiosity with the freedom to make your own decisions, take charge of projects and work flexibly, and you’ve got the perfect place to show your skills and learn new ones. It’s fast and furious here at times, but this just means something new and exciting is always on the way. So, if you collaborate, think on your feet, embrace innovation and love rising to a challenge, your work with us will have a serious impact on the business, your career and our customers’ lives. We are proud to be N Brown.
The Merchandiser reports to a Head of Merchandising, working together to deliver the product strategy by having the right stock in the right place at the right time. The aim is to maximise commercial opportunities through the effective management of inventory, driving demand and service through improved availability and forecasting and reducing markdown to maximise profit.
What you’ll be responsible for as a Merchandiser on Womenswear:
- Present weekly trade info within Division and generate performance data for promo activity
- Working with the buying team to build the most commercial range possible to meet and exceed both budget targets and customer expectations using Range Plan & Framework
- Maximise in season trading opportunities to ensure optimum profitability, working closely with the Buying Teams.
- Own the critical path to ensure that ranges are built and orders raised to meet all required launch dates
- Using the WSSI, monitor our forward trading plans and commitment to ensure optimum stock levels are met and OTB maximised
- Own department production & fabric plans and ensure communicated to suppliers
- Cascade and communicate the relevant analysis and data to the team to ensure they deliver optimum availability and service levels
- To recruit, performance manage, train, develop and motivate a team to ensure that the business and brand objectives are met
What you will need to succeed as Merchandiser on Womenswear:
- Degree or equivalent work-experience
- Ability to demonstrate the skills and competencies required for role
- Strong data and analytical skills
- Able to work collaboratively across the product and marketing teams
- Able to work under pressure to react to changing commercial and seasonal requirements
- Driven & motivated
- Retail experience preferred
In return for your hard-work and commitment, you’ll receive fantastic training and a competitive benefits package.
Employees in our business may have access to our customers’ personal data therefore for a number of our roles, offers of employment are subject to a satisfactory criminal record check.
Having a criminal record will not necessarily prevent an individual from obtaining a position with JD Williams