The purpose of this role is to support the Design Team and help with the design and development of new and innovative print designs, in line with our competitors. You will be responsible for the delivery of key print and pattern direction to the business through your involvement in the production of regular trend updates, catwalk reports and Design presentations.
You will support the Design Team to deliver exciting and commercial print ranges, delivering optimal brand performance whilst demonstrating full understanding of our customer base.
What you’ll be responsible for as an Assistant Designer (Print):
- Supporting the design team by delivering key print trends which will both enhance and provide key print direction to the product ranges.
- Ensure that the right level of newness is achieved to create exciting ranges, displaying innovation in all aspects of print and pattern.
- Designing, developing and executing specific on-trend prints, taking into account requirements for all selling channels.
- Supporting the Design Team in the modernisation of key product ranges in line with competitors and future trends.
- Preparation, analysis and presentation of research on specific print trends, providing competitor assessments and shopping reports.
- Creation of and system management of design information.
- Attending and contributing to regular departmental creative meetings, suggesting ideas for future trends and providing updates on work activities.
What you will need to succeed as an Assistant Designer (Print):
We’re looking for an experienced Assistant/ Junior Designer or a graduate with a related degree or equivalent, and some commercial experience. You should have excellent womenswear print and pattern design knowledge along with strong skills in design systems, Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator.
You’ll be innovative, flexible, creative and forward thinking with excellent time management and an organised and planned approach to your work.
Strong verbal and written skills are essential, along with the flexibility to influence and build relationships with key team members.
In return, you’ll receive great training, varied and interesting development opportunities and a competitive salary and benefits package.
Employees in our business may have access to our customers’ personal data therefore for a number of our roles, offers of employment are subject to a satisfactory criminal record check. Having a criminal record will not necessarily prevent an individual from obtaining a position with JD Williams