Data is at the heart of everything N Brown does, and the Data Science Division works across the business to find ways to turn data-derived insights into positive outcomes for people shopping with us. Our mission is to find customers who love our brands and to uncover the products and propositions which are perfect for them - so that they can look and feel amazing! The N Brown Data Science team is one of the best in the country and we are constantly improving our codebase, infrastructure and processes to support the work of Data Science and Analytics in all of our departments. At this time we are looking to bring in a Machine Learning Engineer to help us succeed.
About the role:
As a Machine Learning Engineer, you will become a technical expert within the Data Science team, designing and building robust and monitored deployment pipelines to productionise ML products which help N Brown to delight our customers, and ensuring best practice in our approaches to coding. It is the responsibility of the ML Engineer to support the delivery of the many exciting Data Science products we build, including Dynamic Pricing Models, Customer Lifetime Value and Uplift Estimation.
As a Machine Learning Engineer you will:
- Collaborate with Data Scientists and Data Analysts on core projects, designing, building, testing and monitoring scalable pipelines which put data products into production.
- Maintain software development standards (in SQL and Python) across the team, undertaking code reviews and being the gatekeeper of good code on projects.
- Support the Data Science team in the use of their working environment (Athena, S3, SageMaker) to ensure the team have the tools to do their job.
What you’ll need to succeed:
- Basic theoretical knowledge of Machine Learning models.
- Basic knowledge of the principles of ML Engineering with enthusiasm to learn.
- Experience in Python and SQL.
- Experience manipulating many types of data in Data Lakes / Data Warehouses.
Advantagous, but not expected:
- Familiarisation with AWS (SageMaker, S3, Athena), or equivalent.
- Familiarisation of the software development life cycle.
Working at N Brown you’ll explore everything the world of digital retail has to offer by asking questions, trying new things and chasing opportunities. Combine this curiosity with the freedom to make your own choices, take charge of projects and work flexibly, and you’ve got the perfect place to showcase your skills and learn new ones.
A digital retailer will be fast-paced at times, but this just means something new and exciting is always on the way. So, if you can collaborate, think on your feet, embrace innovation and love working together for a common goal, you could have a serious impact on the business, your career and our customers’ lives.
We’re looking for people with a passion for what they do, pride in the brand they work for and the the curiosity to uncover new and exciting insights. If you feel your experience and attitude match what we’re looking for then we’d love to hear from you.
Employees in our business may have access to our customers’ personal data therefore for a number of our roles, offers of employment are subject to a satisfactory criminal record check. Having a criminal record will not necessarily prevent an individual from obtaining a position with N Brown.