Here at N Brown, we are looking to recruit a Service Manager to join our team! The Digital Technology department operate a DevOps model to manage technology, as part of this, the Service Management function exists to support and govern our squads as well as our managed service provider.
Service Managers have 1 or 2 tribes in which they align to and will establish strong relationships with key stakeholders within the tribe and with the technology squads. Creating these relationships will help guide and support best practice and ensures best practices are undertaken when managing our operational technology.
As Service Manager, you will be expected to:
- Own and develop ITIL best practice processes and procedures with technical squads
- Report and monitor on the effectiveness of Incident, Problem and Change management with their areas, feeding into a continuous improvement culture with the technology squads
- Help manage the effectiveness of our managed service provider that provides both departmental ITIL capabilities and also manages key operational systems
- Act as a support function for when things go wrong, making sure resolvers have everything they need to improve the time to resolve priority incidents within the department
- Become a key contributor to the IT Service Management community in continuously improving ITIL v4 capabilities across the technology department.
- To ensure that service delivery, its issues, impacts, and improvement plans are well understood and communicated as necessary to the department and to the wider business.
- Drive Continual Service Improvement into the end to end IT ecosystem;
- Continual and explicit management of risk, compliance and security within the business/IT areas in scope of the role.
- Understands the impact of any failure in the IT Service to the Critical Business Processes
- Assists in setting the DT Investment priorities in order to maintain a Continual Service Improvement Programme
What skills and experience are we looking for?
- Building excellent working relationships with multiple senior stakeholders, customers, suppliers, partners and colleagues
- Leadership in Service, Infrastructure and Technology
- Experience of managing Outsource providers on a technical level, in an ITIL environment
- Energetic and natural leader, performance-focused
- Commercially and financially astute, pragmatic and persuasive
- ITIL (IT Infrastructure Library), ISO 20000 Service Management Standard or similar professional qualification is desirable.
About N Brown
Working here you’ll explore everything the world of digital retail has to offer — asking questions, trying new things and chasing new opportunities. Combine this curiosity with the freedom to make your own decisions, take charge of projects and work flexibly, and you’ve got the perfect place to show your skills and learn new ones. It’s fast and furious here at times, but this just means something new and exciting is always on the way. So, if you collaborate, think on your feet, embrace innovation and love rising to a challenge, your work with us will have a serious impact on the business, your career and our customers’ lives.
As Service Manager at N Brown, you will receive a competitive salary of up to £50,000 per annum (DOE) plus bonus, pension scheme, life assurance, 24 days holiday plus bank holidays, in addition to taking advantage of a holiday purchase scheme! You will benefit from our flexible working hours and fantastic location based in the heart of the northern quarter, Manchester. You will receive fantastic employee discount on our products, a discounted share purchase scheme and access to our Employee Assistance Programme and much more!
We are proud to be N Brown.