Within our N Brown we pride ourselves on being the best at what we do and more importantly we put the customer at the heart of everything we do, and we recognise that it’s the people that make the difference to our organisation. Are looking to grow your career within Procurement and within a dynamic and fast paced environment? Do you enjoy a challenge and champion new ways of working? If so, you could be our new Junior Category Manager here at N Brown!
Reporting directly into the Head of Procurement, the Junior Category Manager supports the Category Leads in identifying and delivering cost improvements, promotes the implementation of group wide policies, processes and procedures for strategic and operational procurement utilising a P2P software system.
As our Junior Category Manager, you will also:
- Support and deliver divisional sourcing strategies through analysing business requirements, market investigations, contract formalisation and implementation under guidance.
- Lead the compilation of accurate management information and support the Category Lead in the analysis of spend; identifying trends and potential savings opportunities.
- Support the management of the P2P system, and continuous improvement and development of e-Procurement software, making recommendations to the team.
- Contribute to the forward-looking category plans, including the initiatives to achieve or exceed savings targets, in collaboration with Category Lead and business stakeholders.
- Review spend across all allocated category areas ensuring that appropriate contracts are in place at all times and in conjunction with company Procurement Policy.
- Lead lower value negotiations with suppliers and partners to realise cost efficiency opportunities and negotiate commercial terms and contracts.
- Working with agility when priorities change; aligning with team members to deliver consistency in ways of working.
- Provide support and guidance where appropriate to the Category Leads and Heads of Procurement as well as wider business stakeholders.
- Any other relevant activity commensurate with the role.
Things we need from you:
- Experience within either a purchasing or procurement role and have knowledge of P2P systems, Oracle or SAP.
- Demonstrate relationship building within the business, with supplier and partners.
- A good communicator, adapting style and approach appropriate to the audience.
- Be commercially focused to evaluate opportunities; able to analyse data and identify trends as well as opportunities.
- Role model agile ways of working through proactivity, innovated thinking and being action orientated to maintain the team vision of being specialists who enable the business to move at pace and secure the most advantageous commercial deals.
- Excellent all-round IT skills and be able to pick up systems quickly.
- The ideal candidate will be Qualified or Part Qualified CIPS; have excellent written and verbal skills, as well as being a confident problem-solver with an inquisitive and logical mind set.
Not only are we offering a competitive salary and access to a fantastic bonus scheme, you will also be entitled to loads of other great benefits such as discount across all our brands, healthcare, an impressive pension scheme, 24 days holiday plus bank holidays (as well as a holiday purchase scheme), on site massages and health checks plus much, much more.
So, this is the job for you, what do you need to do next?
Our Procurement vision and mission is to be outward looking, gaining and sharing, knowledge and perspective of how we find, partner and manage our suppliers. We’ll elevate your thinking and work collaboratively to buy what the business needs at the best possible value. If you can bring us strong commercial awareness combined with amazing influencing skills, we can offer you the chance to make a big impact within a business that is aiming to be leading ecommerce retailer.
If this sounds like you and if you would like to join N Brown which offers excellent career progression, then we would love to hear from you! We are looking for people to interview now and join us ASAP!