N Brown have an incredibly exciting role as Associate Product Manager within our Digital Product team. You will be working in the Data Division owning the product strategy for NBrown’s web-based analytics.
We are on a journey to transform our business and the successful candidate will be right at the heart of that transformation. As a digital first business, we collect a huge amount of customer, product and transaction data, and you would enable us to ensure it is captured and reported effectively to help the business thrive in a data-rich world.
You will be pivotal in getting stuff done with our squads and tribes cross-functionally, working to agile methodology, whilst balancing the wider business needs. The ideal candidate will be able to quantify real customer & stakeholder problems, be passionate about data, driven by curiosity and hold excellent communication, presentation and persuasion skills.
You will be accountable for the vision, strategy and long-term roadmap working alongside business stakeholders.
About N Brown
Working here you’ll explore everything the world of digital retail has to offer — asking questions, trying new things and chasing new opportunities. Combine this curiosity with the freedom to make your own decisions, take charge of projects and work flexibly, and you’ve got the perfect place to show your skills and learn new ones.
Your role as Associate Product Manager here at N Brown;
- Own the end to end experience for business reporting for our data warehouse platform
- Play a key role in the development of the roadmap for the data platform and the data within it
- Act as a data evangelist within the organisation, by building relationships across the business with stakeholders and SMEs and demonstrating what data can do
- Balance the strategy, governance and implementation of data-related initiatives
- Set goals for the data platform which align with organisational vision
- Translate the requirements of large data initiatives into smaller, actionable workstreams, allocating resources for each initiative
- Act as a key curator of data within the business, responsible for the processes of collection, governance, storage, security and accessibility of all of our data, from raw data through to transformed business-facing data.
- Be responsible for facilitating prioritisation of initiatives, ensuring clear communication of priorities
- Ensure that data is a primary consideration in all IT initiatives, representing data in the design and implementation of new projects
- Handle conflicting priorities well and communicate clearly
- Identify and remove impediments faced by the team by working with the wider Product team and other stakeholders and proactively flag off any risks/ delays in the commitments
- Monitor competitor activity and overseas market trends
- Regularly present to the business through show & tells, weekly roadmap sessions and quarterly business review on your product with a focus on value delivered
- Collaborate with Lead Product Manager to understand future demand and direction of my product
What you will need to succeed;
- Have experience of building roadmaps across the data spectrum, encompassing architecture, management information, data engineering and data science & analytics
- Be very skillful in prioritisation of requirements
- Proven success of having managed a complex product that led to the delivery of significant value to your stakeholders
- Customer & Problem focused
- Have experience of data modelling tools and techniques
- Have experience of cloud data infrastructure capabilities, ideally AWS
- Be familiar with data architectures and design patterns
- Have excellent communication and relationship development skills
- Be passionate about data and its ability to transform businesses
- Ability to articulate complex technical approaches to non-technical audiences
- Knowledge of software delivery lifecycle (SDLC)
- Values the importance of data accuracy and design best practice
What’s in it for you?
As Associate Product Manager here at N Brown you will receive a competitive salary plus pension scheme, life assurance, 24 days holiday plus bank holidays, in addition to taking advantage of a holiday purchase scheme! You will benefit from our flexible working hours and fantastic location based in the heart of the northern quarter, Manchester. You will receive fantastic employee discount on our products, a discounted share purchase scheme and access to our Employee Assistance Programme and much more!