Here at N Brown, we champion inclusivity by making our customers look and feel amazing. We don’t believe that age, size, shape or background should stop anyone from feeling confident, stylish and happy with the way they look and feel. With our industry leading expertise in creating fashion that fits, we’ve been proudly breaking down these barriers for over 150 years. We help our customers to express themselves with stylish products, helpful services and flexible finance. Now, we’re moving forward together, embracing innovation and new technology, to continue to delight our customers. You will be part of a team who have a strong strategy to grow beauty and are passionate about offering real beauty for the real woman in an inspiring way.
Working here you’ll explore everything the world of digital retail has to offer — asking questions, trying new things and chasing new opportunities. Combine this curiosity with the freedom to make your own decisions, take charge of projects and work flexibly, and you’ve got the perfect place to show your skills and learn new ones. It’s fast and furious here at times, but this just means something new and exciting is always on the way. So, if you collaborate, think on your feet, embrace innovation and love rising to a challenge, your work with us will have a serious impact on the business, your career and our customers’ lives. We are proud to be N Brown.
The main purpose of this role is to support the Team Leader in achieving business and departmental goals/objectives by performing reactive, predictive and planned maintenance on all site and facilities as required.
What you will be responsible for in this role:
- Carry out the daily maintenance tasks as allocated by the Team Leader on fixed plant covering a diverse range of electrical equipment and other site facilities that are subject to infinite variety of breakdowns that can occur at any time.
- Working on reactive lighting, power and control system repairs.
- To ensure all daily planned and routine work is completed and to ensure that all breakdowns are attended to and rectified in a line with departmental objectives in a safe manner, causing minimum downtime and preventing business disruption.
- Mentor and manage the apprentices, ensuring they work safely, and assist them in achieving their required practical experience for their course work.
- Assist with project workloads as required undertaking new installations.
- Assist the Team Leader to Ensure recommended and additional spares where required are in the stores, recording and managing spares usage in line with stores procedures and the purchasing system.
- Promote continuous improvements and change through own initiatives.
- -Actively promote Health and Safety within the team ensuring standard activities have been assessed and have SOP, S written for them. (Standard operating procedures.)
- -Ensure an effective fault response service is always available in line with departmental objectives.
- -Maintain a hands-on role to ensure technical and practical help is provided when necessary
- -Analyse performance in order to review team skills and therefore optimise performance levels.
- Must maintain the availability of business-critical plant equipment to prevent disruption.
- Ensure all relevant H&S regulations and safe systems of work are adhered to.
- Pass on own experience by giving the necessary training to others within the department.
What you will need to succeed in this role:
- C+G 2391 or equivalent C+G (2357/2356).
- To understand why we are here, which is to provide a 1st class support in a heavily automated environment to operations.
- Has an accurate understanding of the engineering function and where it fits in the organization as a whole.
- Proven ability to work in a multiskilled team.
- Substantial Electrical experience.
- Can effectively communicate within the team and with other cross functional departments.
- Heights-working on outside equipment, working from fixed and mobile platforms and scaffolding, use of ladders and stairs for access, working on roofs.
- Working outside-occasional work outside on plant equipment and site facilities.
- Professional attitude with plenty of drive and enthusiasm.
In return for your hard-work and commitment you’ll receive fantastic training and ca competitive benefits package
Employees in our business may have access to our customer’s personal data therefore a number of our roles, offers of employment are subject to a satisfactory criminal record check
Having a criminal record will not necessarily prevent an individual from obtaining an position with JDWilliams