It’s fast and furious here at times, but this just means something new and exciting is always on the way. So, if you collaborate, think on your feet, embrace innovation and love rising to a challenge, then our role may be for you. Working with us will have a serious impact on the business, your career and our customers’ lives; you’ll understand why we’re proud to be N Brown.
In this role you will be expected to provide specialist expertise to the Head of Organisational Development and the Senior Leadership Team in the development of organisational culture, performance management, leadership, employee engagement and all aspects of organisational change and development.
You will work with and alongside a specialist team of OD, internal communications and learning practitioners in the development and delivery of aligned programmes designed to curate our culture and build future capability. This will include the provision of organisational, team and individual initiatives and interventions aligned with the strategic plan.
Working as part of the People Team, the role is truly at the heart of the organisation, championing our colleague proposition and positively impacting individuals and the organisation as a whole.
Additional responsibilities include:
- Take a partnership role in the development and implementation of aligned and innovative Organisational Development strategies and initiatives. You will manage implementation against agreed time frames, budget, and report against agreed performance measures.
- Work in partnership with the Head of OD and other People Team colleagues, to continuously develop the OD Strategy and operational plan. This involves medium to long term strategic planning to ensure operational plans are aligned with the People & Organisational Development Strategy as well as external developments.
- Design and facilitate the implementation of change management programmes to support cultural & organisational change and performance improvement in line with organisational values.
- Partner the development and oversee the implementation of a culture of high performance and continuous learning and development aligned with the requirements of the strategic plan.
- Lead the delivery of effective group and local behavioural development interventions, enabling the achievement of organisational change.
- Facilitate the delivery of coaching/ high-quality action learning to senior Directors and Heads across the organisation.
- Review strategy and policy development and provide specialist, authoritative advice on the implications for the organisation.
- Develop and embed an agile approach to the delivery of OD and change activities to add value early, determine the effectiveness of interventions and iterate these as required to optimise their beneficial impact.
- Oversee the delivery of high quality and timely management information on all aspects culture and information to report progress against agreed performance measures in the OD Plan and to demonstrate value add.
- A competitive salary (DOE) plus benefits
- Company pension with up to 6% N Brown contribution
- Life Assurance and Private Medical Insurance
- Annual bonus scheme
- Incredible colleague discount across all our N Brown Group brands (Simply Be, Jacamo, JD Williams, Home Essentials, Ambrose Wilson to name a few).
- Local restaurant discounts across Manchester’s Northern Quarter
- 24 days annual leave (plus 8 bank holidays) with the option to buy an additional 10 over the year
- Hybrid working, enabling you to work from home or office (at a frequency agreed with your line manager) and staggered start times. We know these are different times and have embraced them to ensure our colleagues are supported.
- A Manchester City Centre office base, socially distanced workstations and sanitizing stations around the business
- Great tech to enable you to not only make doing your job easy but to also allow you to work from anywhere with a great WIFI connection
- Onsite café at great subsidised rates
What we’re looking for:
We are looking for an experienced and ambitious self-starter who is bursting to flex their creative talents and bring about real change in our organisation. The ideal candidate will show a love of storytelling and the ability to engage people using compelling and innovative content, across a range of communications channels.
- Relevant experience as an Organisational Development specialist
- Ability to influence stakeholders at all levels
- A passionate, enthusiastic, energetic individual who can inspire, motivate and engage others
- Confident to deliver inspiring messages to groups
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- A creative thinker
- Excellent organisational and planning skills
- Exceptional team working and collaborative style
- A proven track record of delivering inspiring and successful cultural change
- The ability to develop relationships with partner organisations and other external bodies
- The ability to think spontaneously and respond positively to pressure
Who are we:
Here at N Brown we serve our customers through distinct brands; we are experienced, gained from over 160 years of trading; Inclusive as we believe in fashion without boundaries; sustainable as we strive to make as little impact on the planet and focused on the future as we are ALWAYS looking for ways to develop our business and serve our customers better.
Have a question about the role? You can contact the Talent Acquisition Team at Careers
The recruitment for this role is being managed by our Recruitment Team and the hiring manager for the role is Camilla Duncan; check out their LinkedIn Profile.
Employees in our business may have access to our customers’ personal data therefore for a number of our roles, offers of employment are subject to a satisfactory criminal record check; having a criminal record will not necessarily prevent an individual from obtaining a position with JD Williams