Here at N Brown Group we currently have an exciting vacancy for a Senior Risk and Oversight Manager: Operational Risk within our financial services division.
This is a senior risk management role and requires a strong technical understanding of governance and business risk, and the framework requirements associated with its management, backed by a sound record of practical experience and leadership. The scope of the role covers all N Brown and outsourced locations, both on and off-shore, and may require travel and presence at each of these sites; the role holder is accountable for the delivery of Second Line oversight of Operational Risk, and related exposures, across all Group functions.
When necessary the role holder will formally deputise for the Head of Group Business Risk and provide risk SME at governance forums as the member accountable for operational risk advice, guidance and appetite recommendations. As well as directly leading, coaching and developing one Second Line Risk and Oversight Manager, the role holder will enhance the operational risk and governance understanding and risk management contribution of risk and control owners across the Group.
As Senior Risk and Oversight Manager: Operational Risk you will:
- Build relationships with Exec members and other SMF Role-holders to enable effective operational risk management partnering across the N Brown Group. Develop and maintain specialist knowledge of all operational exposures and processes and be accountable for considering, challenging and signing off risk appetite recommendations.
- Effective representation of risk and governance matters at Group Governance forums.
- Accountable for delivering the business risk assessment process for all aspects of operational risk (Including Issue Management, Loss Events, Risk event Evaluation, KRI approval and monitoring and Scenario Testing), specifically across BAU, programmes, projects and other change activity
- Consider identified risks, issues and control weaknesses and determine aggregate potential risk and regulatory impact and report to appropriate stakeholders, including the Exec teams, and participate in defining and agreeing remedial actions.
- Accountable for managing, and ensuring the quality of, the production and delivery of regular testing/monitoring/insight to effectively communicate risk management issues and control deficiencies to SMF Role-holders, Functional Executives and Group Exec and the wider N Brown business. Produce formal written aggregate risk reports each quarter for submission to functional committees, Audit and Risk Committee and Group Board.
- Accountable for managing aggregate delivery of the Operational risk and control assurance plan. Ensuring that the second line evaluation of first line risk and control evaluation is of sufficient quality, whilst opining on the state of fair customer outcomes. The scope of risk evaluation will include: Business areas, processes, product, data security and major change activity.
- Accountable for producing work programmes that accurately identify control gaps or non-performance through effective monitoring, with findings risk rated according to the Risk Management Policies and standards. Be accountable for planning, managing and reporting individual operational risk analysis, including: Scenario testing activity, business impact analysis and reviews and risk event evaluation
- Lead, coach and develop one second line Risk and Oversight Manager and create an environment and processes that enable effecting engagement with allocated business areas.
- Support coaching and development programmes for first line risk and governance managers, and risk and control owners, thereby generating a virtual team of Risk Champions, ensuring consistency and quality of Issue Management, RCSA, BCM Coordination, Loss Event reporting and KRIs.
What We are Looking For:
- Educated to degree level or equivalent
- At least 5 years risk management experience, gained in a Financial Services environment
- Excellent skills and competency in: Leadership, coaching and development of team members, team building and development, report writing, third Party engagement and risk management, principles of Business Continuity Management and principles of Data Protection processes.
In depth knowledge of:
- Operational Risk Management and control evaluation methodologies
- Operational Risk Quantification
- Corporate Governance requirements and strategies
- Risk and control self-assessment techniques
Good knowledge of:
- Relevant UK regulation, financial Service products, strategic Planning and objective setting
What’s On Offer?
Working here you’ll explore everything the world of digital retail has to offer — asking questions, trying new things and chasing new opportunities. Combine this curiosity with the freedom to make your own decisions, take charge of projects and work flexibly, and you’ve got the perfect place to show your skills and learn new ones. It’s fast and furious here at times, but this just means something new and exciting is always on the way. So, if you collaborate, think on your feet, embrace innovation and love rising to a challenge, your work with us will have a serious impact on the business, your career and our customers’ lives.
As Senior Risk and Oversight Manager: Operational Risk at N Brown you will receive a competitive salary of up to £65,000 per annum (DOE) plus bonus, pension scheme, life assurance, 24 days holiday plus bank holidays, in addition to taking advantage of a holiday purchase scheme! You will benefit from our flexible working hours and fantastic location based in the heart of the northern quarter, Manchester. You will receive fantastic employee discount on our products, a discounted share purchase scheme and access to our Employee Assistance Programme and much more!
We are proud to be N Brown.