Here at N Brown, we champion inclusivity by making our customers look and feel amazing. We don’t believe that age, size, shape or background should stop anyone from feeling confident, stylish and happy with the way they look and feel. With our industry leading expertise in creating fashion that fits, we’ve been proudly breaking down these barriers for over 150 years. We help our customers to express themselves with stylish products, helpful services and flexible finance. Now, we’re moving forward together, embracing innovation and new technology, to continue to delight our customers. You will be part of a team who have a strong strategy to grow beauty and are passionate about offering real beauty for the real woman in an inspiring way.
Working here you’ll explore everything the world of digital retail has to offer — asking questions, trying new things and chasing new opportunities. Combine this curiosity with the freedom to make your own decisions, take charge of projects and work flexibly, and you’ve got the perfect place to show your skills and learn new ones. It’s fast and furious here at times, but this just means something new and exciting is always on the way. So, if you collaborate, think on your feet, embrace innovation and love rising to a challenge, your work with us will have a serious impact on the business, your career and our customers’ lives. We are proud to be N Brown.
Control all inbound freight modes for core business globally, managing freight forwarders.
Manage and negotiate freight rates collaborating with the Procurement Team to establish that the relevant services regarding freight movement are delivered competitively and meet the business requirements
Manage the group’s relationship with freight forwarders and shipping partners
Work collaboratively with internal customers to ensure the highest quality of service to our core customers
What you’ll be responsible for as a Freight Manager:
- Challenge business processes around freight movement or otherwise to establish opportunities, best practice and efficiencies in freight movement efficiency, whilst maintaining service levels and costs. Develop strategies for business and stakeholder engagement to deliver business requirements, working and engaging cross functionally with all associated Teams Monitor and measure sea, air and road freight processes via internal and external systems, to identify cost saving opportunities, whilst considering container utilization, priorities and supplier load compliance
- Provide visibility of critical path and transit times to the Buying, Merchandising Teams.
- Monitor and report on supplier compliance from a freight perspective and where possible identify development opportunities.
- Monitor the Industry leading route to market lead times, bench marked by multimodal transport options.
- Represent N Brown with Freight Forwarders, shipping partners and SCM providers with consideration and inclusion of the UK supply base, to ensure the delivery of SLA’s cost and behaviour compliance via monitoring of relevant KPIs.
- Ensure that costs and services are achieved, and business needs are met, by working with internal stakeholders who are but not limited to;
- Have ownership for freight planning and help deliver, manage and support intake scheduling to ensure order prioritisation and stock levels are maintained, and monitored, ensuring agility to react to Market and trading conditions.
- Work with the Logistics teams to help Improve delivery planning, intake efficiency/accuracy, improving OTIF measure, lower costs and reduce carbon usage by identifying solutions and work with the Logistics teams to bring these opportunities to life.
- Where and when appropriate identify training requirements of the Buying, Merchandising, Partnerships and Logistics functions to support the efficient importing/exporting of goods.
- Improve information flow with focus to support operation efficiency, concentrating on;
- Landed cost Reporting – profitability
- Freight rationalisation – considering consolidation opportunities by port, supplier location and N Brown streams utilising same suppliers
- Volumetric Data
- Improved Data sharing and data-based decision making (real time) to help inbound flow
- Establish Best Practices for compliant and accurate processes, systems and ways of working collaborating with the Shipping Compliance Manager, Team and Quality and Compliance Lead to deliver to appropriate stakeholders and key personnel
- Establish and maintain a culture of continuous improvement, both internally and with key suppliers.
- Engage with trade bodies and suppliers to understand market best practice and changes in Legislation.
- Manage direct reports in accordance with the group’s values and behaviours, and where identified provide appropriate training & development
What you will need to succeed as a Freight Manager
- Knowledge of international trade regulations
- Remain up to date with relevant changes within the regulations and systems concerned with the importing and exporting of goods.
- Knowledge of tariff setting processes.
- Contract Management.
- In depth understanding of freight movement processes whether by sea, air or road.
- Environmental awareness
In return for your hard-work and commitment, you’ll receive fantastic training and a competitive benefits package.
Employees in our business may have access to our customers’ personal data therefore for a number of our roles, offers of employment are subject to a satisfactory criminal record check.
Having a criminal record will not necessarily prevent an individual from obtaining a position with JD Williams