It’s fast and furious here at times, but this just means something new and exciting is always on the way. So, if you collaborate, think on your feet, embrace innovation and love rising to a challenge, then our role may be for you. Working with us will have a serious impact on the business, your career and our customers’ lives; you’ll understand why we’re proud to be N Brown.
Within our award-winning Finance department, we pride ourselves on being the best at what we do and put the customer at the heart of everything we do. But, most importantly within N Brown, we recognise that it’s the people that make the difference to our organisation. So, are you ready for a new challenge?
Working with the Head of Tax &Treasury, you will deliver a range of tax services across all taxes, including preparation of UK Corporation Tax and VAT returns, overseeing the preparation of overseas tax returns, preparation of transfer pricing documentation and assisting the Head of Tax &Treasury with ad hoc tax matters.
Additional responsibilities include:
- Prepare and submit quarterly UK VAT returns including Partial Exemption calculations, VAT Bad Debt Relief calculations and retail scheme calculations.
- Prepare and submit the annual Corporation Tax returns and prepare Quarterly Instalment calculations.
- Oversee the preparation of overseas Corporation Tax and VAT returns prepared by external advisors.
- Calculate the current and deferred tax charge and provide the tax disclosures for the group’s financial statements (under IFRS).
- Maintain accurate tax cash flow budgeting and forecasting.
- Liaison with HMRC and statutory auditors with support from the Head of Tax &Treasury.
- Assisting the Head of Tax & Treasury with the maintenance of the group’s tax governance and control processes including updating the Tax Strategy, Risk Register and SAO processes.
- Assisting the Head of Tax &Treasury with the identification of potential risks and opportunities.
What we’re looking for:
- Strong knowledge of relevant Corporation Tax and VAT issues.
- Experience with the preparation of complex Corporation Tax and VAT returns.
- Knowledge and experience of Partial Exemption and VAT Bad Debt Relief desirable but not essential.
- Experience of tax accounting for consolidated groups (preferably under IFRS).
- Excellent data management and processing skills.
- The ability to build relationships at all levels.
- A competitive salary (DOE) plus benefits
- Company pension with up to 8% N Brown contribution
- Life Assurance and Private Medical Insurance
- Annual bonus scheme
- Incredible colleague discount across all our N Brown Group brands (Simply Be, Jacamo, JD Williams, Home Essentials, Ambrose Wilson to name a few).
- Local restaurant discounts across Manchester’s Northern Quarter
- 24 days annual leave (plus 8 bank holidays) with the option to buy an additional 10 over the year
- Hybrid working, enabling you to work from home or office (at a frequency agreed with your line manager) and staggered start times. We know these are different times and have embraced them to ensure our colleagues are supported.
- A Manchester City Centre office base, socially distanced workstations and sanitizing stations around the business
- Great tech to enable you to not only make doing your job easy but to also allow you to work from anywhere with a great WIFI connection
- Onsite café at great subsidised rates
Who are we:
Here at N Brown we serve our customers through distinct brands; we are experienced, gained from over 160 years of trading; Inclusive as we believe in fashion without boundaries; sustainable as we strive to make as little impact on the planet and focused on the future as we are ALWAYS looking for ways to develop our business and serve our customers better.
Have a question about the role? You can contact the Talent Acquisition Team at Careers
Employees in our business may have access to our customers’ personal data therefore for a number of our roles, offers of employment are subject to a satisfactory criminal record check; having a criminal record will not necessarily prevent an individual from obtaining a position with JD Williams