Within our award-winning Finance department, we pride ourselves on being the best at what we do and put the customer at the heart of everything we do. But, most importantly within N Brown, we recognise that it’s the people that make the difference to our organisation. So, are you ready for a new challenge? We are on the lookout for a Credit Controller to join our team.
About the role
The Credit Controller role is an excellent opportunity to join a leading digital business with great career prospects. As an Integral part of the central finance community at N Brown, the Transactional Processing teams play a vital role in supporting the groups operational functions.
You will be involved in several continuous improvement projects whilst also supporting with the management of a direct report.
Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Full control and management of the groups debtor ledger
- Ensure all invoices are raised and collected to agreed payment terms
- Chasing due and overdue debt by telephone, e-mail, and letter within agreed timescales to ensure cash collection targets are met monthly
- Ongoing pursuit of potentially high-risk accounts and situations, escalating when necessary
- Timely cash allocation, reducing unallocated cash position
- Proactively reducing DSO (days sales outstanding) to improve company cash flow
- Negotiate payment plans with customers to recover outstanding debts
- Responsible for monthly statement run and payment reminders
- Reduce debtor’s ledger value
- Manage an administrator providing direction, support and training
- Support the wider Transactions team
The fun facts:
Not only are we offering a competitive salary, you will also be entitled to loads of great benefits such as an annual bonus, incredible discount across all our brands (JD Williams, Simply Be, Jacamo and Home Essentials to name a few), the flexibility to work from home with the requirement to go into the city centre Head Office once or twice a week, healthcare, access to an impressive pension scheme, 24 days holiday plus bank holidays to name a few.
Things we need from you:
- C grade GCSE in Math’s & English
- You must have intermediate experience in using Microsoft office packages
- experience of using Oracle would be beneficial
- Ability to communicate at all levels in a professional manner
- Excellent time management and communication skills
- Ability to work well under pressure, using both determination and initiative to drive results
- Approachable, positive attitude, reliable and dedicated to succeeding
- Strong ability to multitask
So, you want to join us, here’s what you need to do next?
Send in an up to date version of your CV ASAP via the 'Apply for job' tab at the bottom of this page
You must be able to provide proof of Right to Work in the UK (passport or birth certificate)
Employees in our business may have access to our customers’ personal data therefore for a number of our roles, offers of employment are subject to a satisfactory criminal record check; having a criminal record will not necessarily prevent an individual from obtaining a position with JD Williams/ N Brown.